Ted Cruz and the Presidency

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 23, 2015.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What exactly has he done that is dishonorable? Be specific. What has he done that is incompetent, for that matter?

What allies are those? How exactly are we weaker? The Brits and the French sat out Iraq. They are both fighting with us in Syria and they did in Libya. They are partners in the Iran talks. All of NATO is with us on Ukraine. Japan and South Korea are with us versus the little nut job in Pyongyang.

The US has supported Palestinian statehood for almost 50 years.

I don't argue with you when you are right! I let much of what you say stand unchallenged because I don't have a particular problem with it. On occasion I agree wholeheartedly. And I don't think you stand on the right wing fringe, but you are still quite conservative. You defend your views just as vigorously as I do, so don't pretend to be noble. Debate is a blood sport and you are worthy. I honor you by studiously bashing your contrary viewpoints just as hard as I can. I trade mere quips with jarhead, slo-mo, and psycho babe.

Your obsessive loathing of Obama, however, is very personal and often not based in facts. I will continue to point that out.

2. Tiger Exile

Tiger Exile Long time lurker

Iraq War, also called Second Persian Gulf War, (2003–11), conflict in Iraq that consisted of two phases. The first of these was a brief, conventionally fought war in March–April 2003, in which a combined force of troops from the United States and Great Britain (with smaller contingents from several other countries) invaded Iraq and rapidly defeated Iraqi military and paramilitary forces.

3. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

not only was Cruz born in communist Canada but his dad is cuban and his brother is tom cruz.

also nice how he rags on b.o. for going to harvard law, just like cruz did.

also nice how he accuses purple heart awardee hagel of taking money from nkorea.

if he gets the gop nomination it might be the end of the 2-party system.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Please. That's the best you got?

Can you provide a link so context can be applied? I tried several ways and times to find this but can't.

2 years ago in a hearing he implied it, not accused him of it. But be honest here....Hagel was treated far worse by Obama. Hagel was brought in as a means of trying to "look good' to military folks. He was afterall, the first combat vet to be Secretary of Defense but got forced out after only 2 years because he wasn't part of "the gang" and didn't get along with Obama's buddy Susan Rice. Hagel was in favor of slowing the release of Gitmo detainees and the closing of it but Obama wanted it done quickly. Go back and watch Hagel's face as Obama announced the "resignation". No love loss going on there.

He won't. He's too polarizing and he has done little to work within the GOP. The hawks will take him down IMO. What he can do better than Obama is orate. Dude is an excellent talker who doesn't need the teleprompter.

Winston1 likes this.
  5. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

dont have a reference for his harvard statement. i didnt read an article about it, saw a video clip on tv.

implying it is what smart people do, but it was the same thing. beyond the pale.
    yours is a common tactic, dont address the point. change the subject.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Boy I can't wait until the republican primaries. That's going to be must watch TV. To see all these wingnuts try to prove they are the biggest dumb ass to appease a bunch of dumb asses is going to be fun.

Tiger in NC and red55 like this.
  7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Can we start a fantasy league for politicians?

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Then it has to be dismissed just like the lame Tom Cruz bit. I really would like to know the full statement he made and the context in which it was made.

Meh.....yes, he's smart. The tactic failed to do anything to change the outcome. Hagel became Sec of Defense.
    True....seems that's the way to play here on FSA. I still say it was a lame point to bring up...2 years old and nothing came from it. There is a ton of very rich and recent material from which to draw on when going after Cruz.

9. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

it points to his lack of character.

10. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

For those of you happy that Michelle Bachman seems to be fading into the sunset, she's back.

with a penis.

from Texas.

and Canada.

That's pretty much Cruz's role now. He's just going to say outrageous shit from here on out. Every time he opens his mouth, more and more people take him less seriously. His biggest contribution to America will becoming an easy target for the new Daily Show guy and he adjusts to the role.

LaSalleAve likes this.