Ted Cruz your next President

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Jan 14, 2016.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think they would say they like you, but I bet they all do the Kirk Gibson fist pump when Islamic terrorists strike.

shane0911 likes this.
  2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Exactly right

3. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

That was not an answer to my question, which was:

Do you believe that people interpret religious texts differently? And do you believe it could ever be possible that a person could be more or less the same as most of your Christian neighbors, except instead of Jesus they think Mohammed is their most relevant prophet/savior/whatever?

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The answers are yes to both.

But the issue we're facing right now is that one interpretation of the Quran is to destroy everything that doesn't have Allah as it's God. And of the 10-20 percent of the Islamic faith that either is actively engaged in such destruction or promotes it at the very least, and the 30-40 percent that sympathizes with this extreme radical rhetoric, that leaves only half and very possibly less that are good peace loving people of the Islamic faith that want nothing to do with this senseless crap. That's a problem.

5. LaSalleAve

Sure, what I don't believe is that any devout Muslim is tolerant of anyone other than devout Muslims. You are either devout or you aren't one. And they would tell you the same thing. Their religion is a scourge. The problem I have with stamping them out because of their religion however is the precedent it sets. If it's ok to stamp them out who is next?

shane0911 likes this.
  6. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

There is some wide disagreement between istltttlitl and Shane. Itslls appears to believe that perhaps half of Muslims would not cheer when learning of a massacre.

I wonder if it could be possible that the dude at American market selling turkey/provolone sandwiches with Zapps chips happens to be only marginally Islamic, doesn't even bother going to mosque except for holidays and mostly just enjoys running his shop and checking out all the sorority ass that passes through his store.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

But we do agree that non devout Muslims exist?

What percent of Baton Rouge Muslims do you guess are quietly pleased by massacres of westerners?

8. LaSalleAve

Shit I don't know how many are there? I don't know any except brothers that are Muslim and those dudes arent terrorists so I guess you could say they are good ones.

9. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

they aren't terrorists sure, the vast majority aren't for different reasons, the question is do they empathize with the cause of the radical islamic terrorists? if they do, then how should we regard these people?

10. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

I think if you knew some Muslims it might change your attitude. When people are just normal people it is difficult to imagine them cheering for atrocities.