Teddy 2 Gloves holding it down

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by pnwtiger, Oct 3, 2019.

1. didit

didit Veteran Member

Saints win, Saints win!!! Who Dat...

fanatic likes this.
  2. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

I know it's mostly the D that's been getting it done, but can't argue with the results. In the immortal words of Al Davis, 'Just Win, Baby'.

Bengal B likes this.
  3. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Who dat, Chicago is the ultimate test next week.

4. el005639

el005639 Founding Member

The fact the 5-1 with out brees is amazing. Gonna really hurry when the nfl bends us over again at the end of the year

5. fanatic

Saw a stat that Minchew was 1-7 13 yards and a pick when Lattimore was the nearest defender. He struggled to open the season, but he's probably playing better now then any DB in the league.

Rolan likes this.
  6. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Maybe, there are really some great CBs out there now. Its arguable for a bunch of guys.

7. fanatic

Name one playing better than Lattimore the last 3 weeks?

8. Rolan

Rolan Back to my roots

Stephon Gilmore, Xaviar Rhodes, Jalen Ramsey, PP, White... Really the list of elite CBs is long right now, there are a few more I don't remember by heart. Lattimore is in this elite category for sure, just he has a harder schedule than most due to our division and his stats probably show that. I would put Lattimore in a special super elite category with Gilmore and PP, maybe Ramsey.

You can look at stats and watch games and it is so hard to compare any 1 player against another at the same position however they never truly go against each other. So it is never an apple to apple comparison, best you can do is look at what they do against the same receivers\teams. They do not have common opponents yet this season.

Not to mention a lot of this has to do with the team around you. If you are a great corner on a shitty team, you may look even more elite because teams simply never target any receiver you are on. So you also have to look at percentage targeted.

9. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Made even tougher with Kamara hobbled. And speaking of, props to Murray, he ran well Sunday. But points are going to be at a premium for both teams this week.

10. fanatic

No one is doubting the talent of the DBs you mentioned. My point is, no one is playing better than Lattimore the last several games; especially considering how he started the season. Jalen Ramsey hasn't even played in 3 weeks. Peterson hasn't played a down all year due to suspension. I'm not saying the guys you named aren't good, but when you consider the elite receivers Lattimore has shut down (Cooper, Evans), you'll be hard pressed to find a corner playing better right now.

didit likes this.