Tell me about your secondary..

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dawg_o_rama, Sep 17, 2003.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Thanks for the kudos everyone...

I honestly think that Jawja's best shot at winning lies with hanging in and keeping it close until late...

While they're hanging in, I'd run a wideout on a post patter every single down. Every...single...down...

I'd bring in walkons to run the fly if I had to. Dress out walkons from the track team. Even on run plays, I'd have one guy running a fly that a CB had to cover...

By the middle of the 3rd quarter, if they had been relentlessly running the fly, I'm worried about our DB depth and conditioning. They might be able to burn us for the 'big play'.

That's my only defensive concern.

2. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

Once it's said, well, it's said...The likes of me? If you get your head out of your @ss long enough...ah, nevermind, you'll continue being a punk and a sorry judge of talent!

TE knows hit chit and I told you so. I watched him debate others on other message boards and leave 'em in the dust, all w/o getting personal like you TL3 I might add. Unless of course, they made it personal and the results were still the same.

3. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Not that this should spin out of control and get off of the merits of our secondary...but it shouldn't...

You guys are both LSU fans, the last time I checked, right?

Did you two tinkle in each other's Total one morning for breakfast?

4. tigermark

tigermark Rematches suck!

As I have harped on in other posts, I am concerned with the DBs ability to step up and stop the outside running game. When they show pass and then run outside, our DBs have not done a great job in run support (too easily blocked by WRs). Other than that and a suspect pass blitz at times, this is one killer D.

5. LSUtigah

LSUtigah Founding Member

I will address this one last time...he said some other derogatory chit about me on another school's site and this site and it has esculated from there. If he keeps his personal pot-shots to himself then there will be no problem, but he seems to always infatuate himself w/ me. Nuff said.

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Re: Sabanfan

1gush
    Pronunciation: 'g&sh
    Function: verb
    Etymology: Middle English guschen
    Date: 15th century
    intransitive senses
    1 : to issue copiously or violently
    2 : to emit a sudden copious flow
    3 : to make an effusive display of affection or enthusiasm <an aunt gushing over the baby>
    transitive senses
    1 : to emit in a copious free flow
    2 : to say or write effusively
    - gush·ing·ly /'g&-shi[ng]-lE/ adverb to make an effusive display of affection or enthusiasm <an aunt gushing over the baby>

I don't know. I've just never seen opposing fans so totally in love with their players and coaches before. It's like you have no weaknesses and woe is the team that dare step onto the field with the mighty DAWGS. Just smacks of cockiness and, frankly, aggravates the hell out of me. We have many fine, technically astute posters here at TF who can dent your armor with facts. My job is to keep you whippersnappers at bay.