Tell me why you don't support Brady

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by DeathValley, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I do think the 18 games are a little deceiving since our non conference schedule this year was pretty soft.

The whole point was people say this team is too young but all
    I'm saying is we've had young players and won before that is all.

We've had young players and freshman play more consistantly before.:D

2. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

I am not a Brady basher, but I can tell you what I dislike about him, (and this is not to say I am in the "fire Brady" camp).

1. he is not professional, based on his language, and lack of anger management

2. he does not seem to be able to hold the team together, based on the number of players who leave

I realize that it is possible for him to improve in these 2 catagories, and I think that he is improving in the first. The problem that concerns me the most is the players leaving. I think it is the coach's job to teach, mold, and be a role model for the players. I think that Brady currently fails in this catagory. I believe that if he doesn't improve, the team will start losing over a couple of seasons and he will be fired. If he can pull the team together, I believe there is enough talent to have a top 25 team over the next few seasons.

Currently, I support the team and the decisions of the powers to be. It is very risky to fire a coach who is getting good recruits, going to the big dance, and going 500 in the SEC. It's not like it was in football. In football we had the ability to get a great coach because we could offer things that few programs could ( salary, being the only major program in the state, having one of the best recruiting bases in the nation, having the ability to put 90K in the stands, having great facilities, and having great tradition). In basketball there is incredible competition for the great coaches, and there are not enough of them to go around.

In conclusion, I would say that winning will cure the problem, and I hope we can win a couple in the SEC tourney!

GEAUX TIGERS!!!

3. JWILL

JWILL Freshman

I’ll tell you what I don’t like about Brady’s and his program.
    1. Brady lacks class. I’ve watched hurl curse word after curse word at his players. Brady curse like a drunken sailor. I’ve have her him call one of his players Tinker Bell. All this occurs during the game, so I can only imagine what his practice must be like. I can understand the need to use a curse word every now and then to get players attention, but constantly refer to your plays as stupid s.o.b. and other demeaning names on a regular basis is not acceptable. A person should not have to be subjected to this kind of treatment. Because his players are people too, not just tools for our amusement. Then look how he acted in the press conference after the game Ole Miss game.
    2. He’s just not a good coach. He has managed to fool those who know very little about basketball by make his record look decent. If you just looking at numbers he looks like he knows what he’s doing, but the truth of the matter is Brady pads his schedule every year with cupcakes. When you look at his pre-season schedule it’s filled with teams my little sister could beat. When he does this he doesn’t allow his team the chance to see what there really made of. Bass said himself that it was hard to “get up” to play these nobodies Brady scheduled, and I’m quite sure he’s not the only team member that feels this way. Can somebody tell me why he has always leaves starter in the game when he plays nobody teams? Is it so they can get hurt? Or maybe it’s so the other play won’t get any experience? After filling his schedule with weak teams, he can usually manage to beat a few bottom feeders in the SEC. When you watch some of the offensive sets the team runs, it’s sad. They just stand around like statues.
    3. Brady’s players don’t show any signs of progression. I’ve have watched him 6 out of the seven years he’s coached here, and have taped most televised games during the last 6 years. (Yes, I still have those old Stromile tape, and I watch them on occasion) There is not one player that has gotten better under Brady’s tutelages. His players make the same freshman mistakes as juniors and seniors. Isn’t he suppose to help them get better?
    4. His ability to get decent recruits is the only thing I kind of like, and still I have questions about that. Don’t we need a true point guard? Then why doesn’t he make an attempt to get someone to fill these voids. In the 6 years I’ve watched him we haven’t had a real point guard. Torris and Tack are really 2 guards. That’s why they turn the ball over so much. They lack court vision. I’m a bit nervous now of all the new All-American players he’s recruiting. Cause All-Americans usually leave early for the NBA. I really think he needs a balance of stars and people who will stay and help build the program.
    Sorry I’m so long winded, but I’m passionate about my LSU basketball and only want to see the program get better. I don’t see that happening with Brady.

4. LSUstudent

LSUstudent Founding Member

so YOU personally witnessed him calling someone a stupid son of a bitch

riiiiiiiiiiiight...keep on believing everything you hear

http://members.aol.com/lsur0x/saban.html

hey...if it's on the internet...it must be true!

5. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Maybe he should attend the Bobby Knight School of Advanced Anger Management. Guest lecturers - Jack Nicholson and Mike Tyson.

Larry Bird quit the Indiana basketball team after one day of practice with Bobby Knight.

6. JWILL

JWILL Freshman

I've herd him call a player a stupid SOB with my own ears. It was at a basketball game last season. If you like I can tell you the player and game.

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

There has never been a coach who ever lived who didn't at one time or another call one of his players a "stupid SOB"

I have even been called a stupid SOB myself by more than one coach. It probably made me play better and at least they didn't choke me.

If you are offended by something as mild as "stupid SOB" you must never have played any sport at any level past recess.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

jeez

Originally posted by JWILL [/i]
    2. He’s just not a good coach. He has managed to fool those who know very little about basketball by make his record look decent. If you just looking at numbers he looks like he knows what he’s doing, but the truth of the matter is Brady pads his schedule every year with cupcakes

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Hey, at least we don't have to look at Purdue Coach Gene Keady's slicked down combover 4 or 5 times a week. Somebody needs to tell him to get a clue.

10. Guzzlingil

Guzzlingil Founding Member

His attitude on and off the court, his failure to recruit and retain talent, his constant bitching at LSU fans, his inability to develop players once they get to LSU, his inferiority complex, his lack of x's and o's, .....