Temeka Johnson vs. Tack Minor 1 on 1

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by pensacola, Mar 19, 2005.

1. ok awesome

ok awesome geaux

I'd wondered the competition difference until I played 1 on 1 with the best player on my HS's girls team (district champs). I wasn't even a very good basketball player, probably couldn't have made the team if I tried, and I beat her like 12 to 4. I was just too physical and quick for her on post ups, rebounds, etc.

There really is just an amazing difference.

2. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

I gotta diagree. I think she could handle some of the bench players for schools like; IFPW Mastadons, Texas A&M-Corpus Cristi Islanders, St. Peters Peacocks.

3. pensacola

pensacola Founding Member

All right-

How about if:

You use the women's ball,
    Tack can't shoot in the paint,
    Temeka gets two shots on any foul?

4. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Well I know I'm no tack, but I have played 2 on 2 with Tameka and a former memeber of the LSU womens team. My teammate was my friend walt who was a part of the Great 8 all star team this year and I'm not horrible myself. I can hit the 3's. Anyway, they beat us. lol Of course our alibi was that we had to play with a girls ball. I think its tough to get an honest score in a guy/girl 1 on 1 game b/c they both use different sized basketballs.

5. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Here's a little history:

Billy Jean King used to train with a man that was on the mens circuit. He was ranked in the 100's in the country and as we all know, BJK was ranked #1 in the womens division. Supposedly, in practice, he used to kick her ass every single time...

Not saying that is how it is still today, but to compare mens and womens sports is not fair...

6. LSUGOLFER

LSUGOLFER Founding Member

If im not mistaken didnt BJK beat a man on live tv.

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

I thought BJK was a man...:hihi:

Bobby Riggs (55)/BJK (29) played in the Astrodome in 1973. Riggs lost in straight sets 6-4, 6-3, 6-3.

btw I wouldn't put up Riggs as the prime male tennis player to challenge a woman anyway at that time.

http://ks.essortment.com/billiejeanking_rvwa.htm

8. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

There was actually some discussion with the Islanders making it to the tournament through a lot of this year, so not a chance she could beat any of them either.

A more fitting comparison of competition should be held at Churchhill Downs:

Rebecca Lobo v. Smarty Jones! Lobo would probably be an early favorite.

This actually reminds me of Man v. Beast. That was a great show.

9. freddy

freddy Founding Member

Yeah, Minor would kill Meke, too quick and strong for her. But i've seen Semoine play against guys in pickup games, she could actually play with a lot of guys, especially guys who are shorter than her. She has a really good post game and she is really good finishing around the basket (the downfall of alot of women players, they don't finish well near the basket). Most decent guys would beat her, but only if they took her to the paint and used size and strenght to overcome her basketball ability, kinda like playing your little brother, because skill-wise, she was better than 90% of the guys she would play in pick-up games. I do think it would interesting to see your average 5-9 or 5-10 guy who plays ball 2 times a week try to her play her straight up.

10. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Man, that's good stuff right there. . .:lol: