Tennessee hangs a 44 on Georgia in basically 30 min of play

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Oct 7, 2006.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Tennessee was struggling with only 7 pts right before half

With 3 min to go, Tennessee has 51

I don't know how to explain that

What was funny was when they interviewed Fulmer at half, I could swear he said he didn't see how Georgia could stop his offense....

How prophetic if he did

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Yep, it looked like a friggin' WAC game.
    (although I'm not sure I've ever seen a WAC game)

3. islstl

It was definitely a WAC-ky game

4. islstl

Yeah I am starting to think the SEC as a whole sucks this year.

I mean is Florida even all that good? Probably not. And yet they are considered the best team right now.

Auburn, Georgia, Tennessee, LSU.....all look pretty suspect at different times this year.

I would say Arkansas is possibly the best team in the entire SEC right now.

5. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

I'm not sure what Pete Carroll did to piss God off so bad that He moved to Gainesville, but He's definitely there.

I know this because the Gators have played 2 good foes, you and the Vols, and they were "gifted" into both wins.

6. danthetigerfan

danthetigerfan Founding Member

and USC hung half a hundred on Ark.

7. BeefTip

BeefTip Founding Member

I have been wondering the same thing, especially these last two weeks. I think Arkansas definitly surprised my Tigers today(i know i was). I know that we(AU) have had some close calls when it comes to games this year, but the hogs came out of nowhere and blindsided us. We couldnt stop them for anything. I dont know if it was a fluke or what, but we couldnt stop their offense or put any points on the board. Arkansas played VERY well today and Auburn played very badly and really took a beating.

I havent watched the hogs that much this year to know how they have looked in the past but damn, we couldnt stop them for ****. I was also very surprised at the LSU/FL game, I would have lost money on that one if i was a betting man.

8. BeefTip

BeefTip Founding Member

whats funny about that is AU beat Washington State 40-14 and USC squeaked by them 28-22.

I have honestly NO IDEA what is going on this year....I wanted my AU Tigers to win the SEC as much as the LSU fans wanted there Tigers to win. Now i wouldnt be surprised if we see Arkansas end up playing South Carolina for the damn SEC champ game the way this crazy season is going.

I think what has thrown the SEC off this year is that so many of our teams were ranked so high in the national polls that we took those rankings for granted and forgot that we play in a tough ass conference and that upsets are the norm. Maybe it was a reality check.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

I don't think the SEC is weak. Just the opposite. However, I'm not sold on Arkansas yet. They are always capable (under Nutt) of doing the unthinkable--whether it's beating #2 AU on the road (remember Texas in '03) or getting pasted 120-10 the past two seasons by USC.

I don't know if there is a dominant team period in college football this year. If we look at USC's common opponents with AU and LSU, it's laughable how badly USC did in comparison to how we murdered WSU and Arizona. But USC blew out Arkansas who pasted AU.

It's a crazy season.