Tennessee recruits that have used steroids

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by MarineTiger, Jun 14, 2005.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

That is the hard thing.

Reminds me of just having a few drinks before stopping so you aren't too drunk to drive home.

Stopping (or upping the amount) is the hard part.

2. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

The immense amount of body mass that steroids add is incredibly difficult to maintain. I've seen people get just fat within a few years of stopping usage. It gets worse as you get older, and puts you at a much higher health risk. Just not worth it in any capacity, in my opinion. I just stick to creatine and protein, they work just fine.

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

the most interesting side-effect of steroids is known as bitchtits... in the human male excess testosterone is converted to estrogen.. this results in the growth of female-like breasts...

\[​IMG]

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

fat cells are fat cells and don't turn into muscles. their voracious appetites stay the same even upon muscle loss which in turn, makes them fat very quickly.

5. USNavyTiger

USNavyTiger Founding Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Damn... now that everyone mentions it, I guess I can tell the difference. Hell, I just thought those guys were "blessed." How naive I am! LOL. I'm doing it the right way, with a few supplements, of course..

7. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Let's not be too quick to judge Tennessee. It's happening EVERYWHERE, including LSU as the arrest of our fullback at the Mexican border proved.

And, it's been going on for a LONG, LONG time. I'm sure many of you remember that Roland Barbay (DT 1982-1986) couldn't compete in the 1987 Sugar Bowl because of steroids. And, there were some players back then who just were "too big" and got "too big" during their time in B.R.

But, like I said, this is happening at EVERY school. Players really believe that they will not be able to play unless they do the drugs. And, many coaches (who are in it for themselves) actively, although quietly, support it.

Probably the worst thing that can be said about the Tennessee situation is that the coaches did not take the word of the trainers and test these kids before they ever offered a scholarship. That tells me that POSSIBLY the coaches didn't really care -- so long as the kid performed on the field.

I do wonder if Robert Peace was an abuser. He went to Tennessee as an all-world LB. Most recruiting services had him in the Top 3 LB's in the country. As I recall, one service had him No. 1. While I remember hearing his name later in his career, he never came close to living up to the hype of his high school days. And, I'm pretty sure he wasn't drafted and never played a down in the NFL.

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

I find that nitrous oxide boosters (such as MRI's NO2 or Muscletech's Pump-Tech) really help my supplement and nutrient uptake in the bloodstream. I was never really able to put on mass until I began using them.

9. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I think the big think that the schools are going to have to watch for wont be steriods.. it will be human growth hormone... hard to find now but it wont be for long...