Tennessee's date w/the Grim Reaper Draws Nigh...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TigerEducated, Aug 7, 2004.

1. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

The lawsuit was thrown out...In Alabama...

It now has lawyers retained in Tennessee...and it's moving forward...

Tennessee's going to end up where it belongs...In Davy Jones' locker...

Fulmer will have all his skeletons come out, and the US Judicial System will have to bring the justice that the NCA*********s cast a blind eye to in order to get to the "big fish" of Alabama...

The US Courts system will play the Eagle, and Fulmer will be a rather bloated and pudgy around the middle Prometheus...

http://www.fanblogs.com/sec/archives/001153.php

2. DRC

DRC TigerNator

The Tenn spin on this is laughable and Phatty is squirming under the stress of this case and everything else that surrounds it. Fulmer made a big mistake by declining to attend media days. He brought attention to something that was flying well under the radar screen. I didnt even really know what was going on and didnt care but after Fulmer tanked I found myself trying to find out more and I'm sure Im not alone.

To hear the Vol fans claim that Fulmer's actions were a PR success reminds me of the post here a couple weeks ago about South Carolina fans being dillusional. Vols are the ones now being dillusional and the dirty noses in Memphis certainly included the Vols among others. Whatever they get will be well deserved. The Bammers werent the only ones cheating in Memphis and Tenn is right there with them.

3. ramah

ramah Founding Member

If ... If ... If ... Woof ... Woof ... Woof ... Woof

But, Gallion said, "if I get him under oath, he's history."

"I've got four boxes of documents on him - all the way from Linda Bensel-Meyers to Tee Martin to Jamie Naughright," the Montgomery attorney said, referring to individuals involved in recent complaints of athletic or academic improprieties at Tennessee.

"His deposition will take me two days, from sunup to sundown."

Maybe two days of ... Woofin' ... will let the air out of Ole Phatz

I love the custom "hand-carving" these two institutions are doing on one another ... love it, love it ... gimme mo' uvvvvvvvvvvit ...

let 'em destroy one another ... so, the SEC gets a black eye ... big deal ...

two less contenders for the throne ... :lsug: :helmet: :champs:

4. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I wonder if Clinton's defense tactics would work for Fulmer.

Judge: Coach Fulmer, is paying players and writing their term papers a way of life at the University of Tennessee?

Coach Fulmer: "Judge that depends on the meaning of is."

5. TigerEducated

Like a winning ticket for the Powerball...Or a four leaf clover...The Pot of Gold at the End of the Rainbow...

I am in agreement w/Ramah...Which is about as rare as an Al-Qaeda Christian these days...

I'm not really worried about UT or Bammer...They can slug it out...Arkansucks is retooling the entire starting lineup on both sides of the ball...Auburn's got a head coach whose more of a lame duck than Bill Clinton post impeachment...Mississippi State...Well, is there really a need to mention them here? Ole Miss is going to be force-thrust back into the Medival Times they had been in for about 20-30 years BETWEEN Mannings now that Farchie's sons gone to New York City...and the only challenges in the Eastern Division will now be FU and Jawja...and I have a feeling that Saban's got Richt's numba...Allowing those two former has beens to keep each other has beens through sheer ire and spite is fine with me...

Makes LSU's reign at the top that much easier...

6. alaman

alaman Founding Member

Gallion's 1st problem is the deposition has to stick to the issues-he cannot go fishing. Ultimately, this case will go nowhere. If it ever gets to federal court, it will be thrown out per all precedents from SCOTUS on down. NCAA is a private organixation and is not subject to due process, etc., only their own rules.

7. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I really do want to see Tennessee and Phil Fulmer get what is coming to them (Roy Kramer's blatant preferential treatment of them during his reign as commish used to burn me so bad) but I don't want the SEC to get any more black eyes over NCAA violations issues or have any more SEC programs hobbled by sanctions.

Also, you guys shouldn't be so eager to see other SEC schools in trouble. I want to beat the best, when they are at their best. Because, decades from now, when the great LSU football dynasty of the early 21st Century is studied and critiqued, I don't want anyone saying, "Well, the only reason LSU became so dominant under Saban was because the SEC was very weak at the time. Many programs were under NCAA sanctions and scholarship reductions, and those that were at full strength scholarship-wise were in serious rebuilding phases or just not competitive in football at all."

It's always good to be able to say that nothing came easy, that we had to fight for every yard, every touchdown, every win, against the very best. Then nobody can say a word, except to say, "Yes, they really were THAT GOOD!"

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

I did not have sex with that woman.

9. TigerEducated

Bengal B...He never said "sex" per se...The quote was actually...

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman."

10. XXL TideFan

XXL TideFan Founding Member

Boys,
    We are down. But we are not dead. I know that you boys love your football waaayyy too much to want anything less than the best that Bama can put on the field. 2 - 3 more years...tops.