Tennessee's New Coach?

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by pjnchamps, Jan 12, 2010.

1. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

The clear winner here is Jimmy Sexton. He gets a foothold in the Pac 10 and UT will end up w/ whomever JS wants them to have. That dude is raking it in.

2. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Head Coach Terry Bowden, OC Tommy Bowden, Recruiting Coordinator Bobby Bowden... could you imagine the three of them showing up in some recruit's living room to convince him to come to Tenn?

Terry wouldn't be that bad as a head coach, he just led North Alabama to a 11-2 season his first year there. Of course, he was 47-17-1 at Auburn, including the 13-0 season. And he's a celebrity now after all that time he spent on TV for ABC Sports.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

Want to hear something really funny? Sexton is also the Tenn AD's agent. :hihi:

4. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Tommy is also a pretty good recruiter. I always thought he got the shaft from Clemson.

5. Tigerbnd05

Tigerbnd05 National Champs 2003 2007

Not that I have heard anything close to this, but I think it would be funny if Petrino left Arkansas to go there.

6. hkspwrdz

hkspwrdz Founding Member

Sexton is a UT grad.:lol:

7. ccgw

ccgw luv'em Tigers

Would any coach dare venture into the Tenn. program with potential for NCAA sanctions because of the sh't that Kiffen and O left behind last year???

8. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

Wonder how serious the NCAA takes a school sending pretty, well-dressed girls to go to high school games to help recruit?

When Florida State recently got busted for a major cheating scandal where they were helping their athletes cheat on their tests, it looks like all they got was a loss of 6 total scholarships spread out over a span of three years (2 for 2008, 3 for 2009, 1 for 2010). They didn't get any post-season ban... although they did have to forfeit wins and pay a fine. That's not that bad.

Bama recently got busted for giving benefits to their players and girlfriends (including textbooks), and it looks like they didn't lose any scholarships or a get any post-season ban for it.

As for USC, that thing with all the money/benefits to Bush and his family and that LandRover the boosters bought McKnight... I would think that's pretty serious. Just with the McKnight thing: how much does a LandRover cost? Like $80K? The recent scandal at Bama regarding the textbooks and stuff only totalled $40K across 201 students. The USC thing with just McKnight is like the $50K a Bama booster spent on a Bama recruit in around 2000 that Bama got in pretty big trouble for.

9. JohnLSU

JohnLSU Tigers

I think Petrino would be a really good hire for Tenn if they could pull that off.

10. Krypto

Krypto Huh?

it sounds like the Air Force coach, Troy Calhoun, is being interviewed today.