Terrell Owens hospitalized

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Sep 26, 2006.

1. martin

martin Banned Forever

that is awesome.

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

:lol: :lol:

" I wanna apologize to the dallas cowboys organization for being a distraction."---MeO

first line of his press conference.

3. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

TO must really be comforted by the fact that the people around him care so much about him personally. With friends\employees like these....

TO has a nice contract:
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cfm?id=0AA99FCF-E052-0B98-C9620525F11B9854

While this signing might make some Cowboys fans quiver, it was an exciting day for both team owner and general manager Jerry Jones, as well as Owens, who received a three-year deal worth $25 million, including a $5 million signing bonus.

After a life threatening event, to have your publicist say:

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092706spoowens.1e22584a.html

“This is sad. Terrell had a reaction, and just to state that he was trying to commit suicide – it’s unfair,” she said. “Terrell has 25 million reasons why he should be alive.”

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Sorry to hear that it hits close to home for you. Sad to hear that you've had a family member or loved one go through something similar to what owens may be going through.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

you are an evil little man martin....the wizard must be proud.

for what it is worth, I see no reason why the officers who wrote the report would lie in the narrative - they have nothing to gain from doing so, but everything to lose (mainly their jobs and the chance to get hired as an officer elsewhere for falsifying a report).

Owens and his trick, I mean publicist, have a lot to lose. She will take the fall for him, and he will continue to be TO. or should his new nickname be T.O.D.????????:hihi:

6. clair

clair Rockets

yeah... it's real awesome that I lost a cousin to this exact same type of thing, huh?

That is what I meant...

I'd be equally as concerned no matter who this was

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

my bad, i understand. sometimes i get concerned when a celebrity is sleepy too. especially a famous celebrity. if i cant get their employer on the phone i really worry.

8. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I figured you may have meant that. So, I gave the kinda response... However, you said "obviously" and it would not be so obvious to people here that this would hit close to home for you.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

The bottom line is that we won't know exactly what transpired, and it's not really out business anyway.

It's easy to judge people we don't know, but remember the old adage about walking a mile in someone else's shoes.

If it was just a bad reaction, I'm happy for TO and hope he recovers well. If it was a suicide attempt, I can only hope that he has the right people in his life to ensure that he gets the help he needs.

Any joy derived from the latter option is just foolish, callous, and remarkably devoid of perspective.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

if we have this much sympathy for famous people who have a minor nothing happen to them and who are happily tossing footballs around a few hours later, i wonder how we can even get up in the morning in a world where crippling horrors are happening to people all over the world constantly. the selective sympathy is laughable.

yeah. perspective. a rich guy who can catch footballs might be sad. lets hold hands and light candles, then try to make it about us.