Terrence Toliver undrafted?? Seriously?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Apr 30, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

If you are a receiver you are dependent on your quarterback for statistics. Tolliver never got enough passes and too many around his ankles. The lesson for wide receivers is to avoid schools with running quarterbacks.

2. joker

joker Founding Member

I'm no JJ fan but you can't bitch about not getting enough passes thrown your way when you don't catch the ones that are.

He'll catch on somewhere and hopefully make the most of it.

3. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

I don't think this year was a good year for WR's overall. I never thought Julio Jones was close to a top 10 pick, but since there were so few options he had to be taken so high.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

TT had soon-to-be NFL QBs throwing to him at the combine. Where those passes hitting him in the ankles? I suspect not.

Face it. He hasn't done enough to impress the NFL scouts and the draft results showed it.

1 person likes this.
  5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Toliver has had issues for four years and all four years it was the same thing: hands of stone. I saw dozens of passes this year alone hit him in the hands chest-high, only to drop to the ground. No matter which QB threw him the ball (and there were about four of them over the course of his career) the result was the same. These same QBs threw to several players who made it into the NFL. Brandon LaFell didn't have those issues his senior year and this was a very weak class of receivers. You might have a point if Toliver was taken late, but he wasn't even taken at all, not even with a 7th round throw-away compensatory pick. If you were surprised that he wasn't drafted, then you simply didn't pay attention to his play at LSU.

I bet he doesn't even make it out of training camp when it all starts back up...

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

"were"

sorry had to get the monkey off of my back sense I was the last one to make a mistake.

oh damnit I went and did it again.

7. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

TT was also responsible for our QBs' poor numbers in '10. He dropped more than he caught.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If you could consistently get the guy from the Florida game this season and the A&M game this season he would have been 1st round material.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Pay attention to what I actually said, maybe. I said his stats were lowered because he did not have a passing quarterback throwing him a lot of passes. Which is true. Stone hands or not, he didn't get a lot of passes compared to starting receivers at schools with passing quarterbacks.