Terrence Toliver undrafted?? Seriously?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by vesperiaLSU, Apr 30, 2011.

1. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

He didn't get a lot of passes because he couldn't catch.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

And the sad part is he led us in receptions. Says a lot about our passing game doesn't it?

3. tlo1507

tlo1507 Veteran Member

I could see him become a Marques Colston, close to the same size and speed. Colston was drafted very late in the 7th round and has become a very productive WR

4. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

Except Colston can catch pretty much anything thrown in his zip code, is an excellent downfield blocker, an excellent route runner and has about 25 pounds on Toliver. Outside of those differences, they're exactly alike.

I think Brandon LaFell is a much more accurate comparison...

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

Productivity and measurables are the things most teams look for. TT didn't stand out with either. His measurables were good but not great and he didn't have the productivity to tip the scales for a team to take a flyer on him.

6. Kurtis Bleaux

Kurtis Bleaux Founding Member

He didn't even get drafted by the UFL...is that a good thing or not?

7. tlo1507

tlo1507 Veteran Member

I think you have a little too high of an opinion of Colston, He is not an elite WR like like do. I think he is more of a product of the system he is in

8. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

If that was the case, our other receivers should be having the same production... Colston definitely has the best hands on the team. The system does give him a lot of passes but that doesn't mean he will catch them all (cough Devery cough). He catches dang near most of them and that's with him going over the middle a lot. A 7th round pick out of Hofstra isn't supposed to have the production he does.

Toliver could have been so much more especially with his reach. He prob needs to bulk up a little more and work on his blocking. I actually think his catching ability is pretty good.

9. tlo1507

tlo1507 Veteran Member

lets not forget Wayne Chrebet also went to Hofstra. I'm not saying Colston is a bum just if you asked most people who aren't Saints fans to name top 10 WR he wouldn't be named. By comparing them I was talking size speed and being hungry from being over looked in draft. I am not a Saints fan and don't see very many game so I can't comment on Colston's blocking or route running I'll take your word for it. I am not sure if Toliver has work ethic and drive. Maybe if he had a more reliable QB his head would be more in the game

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You refuse to hear what I'm saying. Not my problem.