Terri Schiavo case is tragic

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Mar 18, 2005.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The woman declared that she never wanted to live this way, so why are we keeping her alive?

Discuss.

2. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

That's the dispute, whether she said that or not.

I'm perplexed as to why they would starve her to death? That just seems brutal and inhumane. But euthanasia's illegal, and she's not on life support.

I wouldn't want to live as a vegetable, but I also don't want my last thoughts to be "Damn, I'm hungry!"

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

for the first time ever, i will accept that this question is too hard, and i have no answer.

4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

The Supreme Court, on 2 different occasions, has verified that this was her stated wish.

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I will say that her husband doesn't have her best interest at heart.
    He has moved on years ago, the parents have her best interest at heart and
    have stated that Terry hasn't been given the treatment she's needed since
    Her husband melted down her ring, probably cashed it in for money.

I'm suspicious that her husband will actually get some money out of this whole
    thing.
    I don't care what liberal judges or courts have to say about what she stated.
    I don't believe it, its hear say.
    I thought hear say in court wasn't allowed? :dis:

Anyway, I am consistant, I'm against abortion, I'm against Doctor Death,
    I'm against anyone playing god to kill people.
    We are starting to be like Nazi Germany, where does it end?

I'm also tired of liberal activist judges that make decisions against the peoples
    will such as the vote in California to uphold marriage, then a judge reverses it.

The parents should be given custody and her husband should forget about her, that would be the right thing to do.
    Shame on George W. Bush for not doing anything.

I will admit I haven't paid much attention to this case until yesterday.
    An attorney called into a talk show as a guest about this case.
    She said Terry isn't in a vegitative state and that she can recognize her parents, her face lights up when they visit.
    She has had trouble the last few years because she isn't getting the treatments she needs.
    :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :angryfire :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Why in the hell do they starve her to death?
    We don't even treat murderers that way?
    Are murderers better than her?

How about a little bit of consistancy you hypocrites!
    Vote these judges and jokers out of office, please! :dis: :angryfire :angryfire

6. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

1 more thing....
    this is the same justice system that lets sex offenders and killers go so that they can
    prey on our young people and kill again!

this is the same justice system that let that rapist get away in Atlanta, kill people time and time again, at least he didn't come visit some of you during the SEC tourney!
    I ranted and raved here last time these kind of people went free and killed innocent children, this is getting mighty old!

7. hpmcdaniel

hpmcdaniel Founding Member

I agree with you, but if it is any consolation (which it really is not), I think that her brain capacity does not allow her to understand that she is hungry or not. However, I will imagine that she will be in pain. :bncry: Not cool. I saw a sign today that said “We treat our prisoners on death row more humanly". Makes you think. I just could not imagine what her, her husband and her parents have gone through for 15 years. But, I couldn’t starve someone to death no matter how bad they were.

Heather

8. ExoticGlass1

ExoticGlass1 Founding Member

there is no record or her saying this other than the husband saying she told him this. this is a shame and the games the democratic party is playing with this has really made me sick of the party. i don't think i will ever vote for a democrat that supported the tube being removed. just a fyi, the ruling judge wasn't liberal, i read an article on him a few weeks ago and that he more of a conservative minded person.

9. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I wouldn't want to live as a vegetable, but I don't get how anyone could let her suffer for up to three weeks before death.

10. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

:eek: shocking :eek:

anyways....this comes down to a quality of life issue. from what i understand, Terri would have a terrible quality of life if kept alive. it seems that she has been kept alive thus far for the wants and needs of her parents who cannot come to grips with letting her go, which by any sensible reasoning would be the right thing to do here. as a parent I know this would be a tough decision to make, and I hope I never have to make it, but it is time to let this women go be with the Lord (or wizard for martin's sake).