Terri Schiavo case is tragic

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Mar 18, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

That post doesn't even merit a response. I've already said too much.

2. martin

martin Banned Forever

thats what happens when you abandon rationality in favor of sorcery. your views are clearly wildly inconsistent nonsense.

3. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

How?

Michael Schiavo has no doubt been praying for Terri's healing since 1990. It hasn't been God's will that that happen (I don't know what has gone on between Michael and his God), so he made a tough decision (which is his legal and spiritual right as the husband) to stop sustaining the "life" of a brain-dead shell.

You, as an arrogant disrespectful atheist, seek to attack and destroy the Christian viewpoint by any means necessary. That usually implies your using wrong interpretations of what you think we believe to paint Christians as idiot believers in magic.

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

he's simply saying if god invokes his will regardless of prayer then why pray?

5. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

When it comes to Christianity and other religions you are taught to pray.
    Atheists and unbelievers may not agree with it or understand it so that
    is the difference between believers and unbelievers.
    Prayer has helped and made a difference in many peoples lives however
    just because someone is prayed for doesn't mean it will be answered 100%.
    It is in gods timing and reasoning not man, I believe everything happens for a reason and a purpose.

Until man can completely convince me of how DNA just happened by a big
    bang as well as the sexual organs and many other things.
    How are the planets somewhat round?
    Have you ever seen what happens during or after a big explosion?
    It sure is hell puts the big bang theory to rest.

It takes more faith to believe mans explanation of the universe, planets,
    humans and animals than to believe god created it.
    You would almost have to be stupid to believe a big bang could make the
    world we live in and the universe IMHO :)

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

157, i am really asking two things. tirk is right, i am not clear on why you should pray if god just does whatever he wants, but my main question is:

given that you acknowledge god heals people by miracle, how can you know that god wil not heal schiavo? do you have a specidfic point at which you realize god isnt gonna fix it? havent you told some story here before about a healing of some terribly afflicted person helping you have faith? are you saying schiavo was so brain damaged that even god wasnt gonna fix her, no matter how much you pray?

now obviously i think christianity is nuts, but at the same time i am curious about how christians are consistent with regard to their beliefs.

i think sourdoughman's argument is rock solid. he believes, and that is all there is to it. god does what god does and men do not make decisions that let people die. i disagree, but at least sourdoughman has consistent convictions.

and sourdoughman, i do not believe the big bang theory as fact. it is just a theory. it could easily be wrong. there is plenty of evidence supporting it, but who knows, it is a very educated guess for explaining things. i believe in big bang in the same sense that i believe oswald acted alone killing kennedy. i could be wrong, but i will go with the best theory available. when i have no answer i just half-assedly go with what mainstream science says. and i know that could be wrong, but what do i care, it has zero importance.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Why thank you Martin! ;)
    I understand what your saying about the Big Bang theory.
    It was an example just like DNA, the human code, the human body and other things in this world that is un-explainable.
    There are things that when you look around and think about it, no way it
    just happened by chance.
    There has to be a creator,IMHO, science has very little explanation if any about some of these things and how they were created in the first place or how they came about to work, complexibility.

I'll take my chance on my magician, Jesus Christ Thank You! :thumb: