Terri Schiavo case is tragic

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by islstl, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

First of all everyone has agenda and everything has to do with politics.
    Please post the link about these doctors and nurses losing in court.
    I'm an ass now, that speaks for itself.

I take the side of life when theres doubt in a case like this and because
    of that I'm an idiot and an ass.

Goodbye....

2. Sourdoughman

You are incorrect!
    Everyone knows what the pro-life people are doing and where they stand.
    According to some doctors and nurses their could be a lot of unknown or uncertain factors involving Michael Schiavo.
    Michael could be the one with a hidden agenda.
    People say I'm pushing an agenda, I just want to make sure Terri and her family have their day in court and that the truth does come out and everyone
    know what it is, this is all I want!
    I don't want Terri to dye, you can see that, this tragic! :dis:

People want to make fun of some of my links yet they won't challenge what
    they say?

Had to make those points, bye now!

3. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

It is crystal clear to some that the husband, doctors, Florida judges, federal judges, and the US Supreme Court Justices all want to kill Terri. I have no idea why everyone can't see that! :wink:

I refuse to get into the moral dabate of this issue. I'm only interested in the legal aspect of this case, as it may one day affect me.

I do think this case has brought out one very important point ... you better have a living will prepared so someone else doesn't have to make this decision for you. It's truly unfair to ask anyone to make such a decision.

My fear is that all these right-to-life people in this country, as well as our government, will one day attempt to overrule a living will. I'm sure they'll claim to know what's best for me, as they claim to know what's best for Terri.

I would like to see a debate in this country about ending a life in a more humane way.

4. CParso

CParso Founding Member

This is the main problem I have with this case. They are going to starve her to death. It is certainly a moral delimma and I have tried to not say whether she should or should not be "killed" but it seems as though if she is going to be, it should be done more humainly.

And Sourdoughman, lighten up a little bit. I was being slightly facetious by calling you an ass, idiot and anything else I said.

Also, can you admit that perhaps Terri's husband doesn't have an alterior motive?
    My decision in regards to this stem from my belief that Terri's husband is acting in her best interest and he truly believes that she would never want to live in this state. Obviously, this is something that anybody could interpret in different ways and thus develop different views about.

5. Sourdoughman

1st point, agreed

2nd point, I think your over-reacting, the reason this is happening is because
    Terri doesn't have a living will
    Although I think you struck a cord with me, better watch out for the right to
    lifers in the future elections.
    I'm willing to bet they are the silent majority and out number the pro-abortion people.
    Backlash!

3rd point, agreed.

6. TigerWins

The real question is, how do we know if any spouse is acting in the best interest of their partner? As I type this message, there is probably a spouse somewhere in this country faced with the decision of ending their partner's life. Are we going to make it a matter of practice in this country to inquire into their relationship before allowing the spouse to make a decision?

You could also make the same argument about parents who must make the same decision on their minor child. Are they good parents? Are they pulling the plug to cash in on the life insurance policy?

Man, I just don't think we ever want to go there....

7. TigerWins

Not really sure why I did. My angle on this case has been one of legality, not morality. I never expressed my opinion on the moral issue in this case, which seems to be something you are passionate about.

Maybe you just assumed I want everyone dead, I dunno...

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

9. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Man I knew that was comming martin. You got me.
    I thought about going back and editing it but ah well.

10. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

SIGH!