Terri Schiavo Passes Away

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Mar 31, 2005.

1. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No need to really re-hash the debate on this issue. There's other threads already open for that. I just wanted to post this for those that haven't heard yet.

Terri

2. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

Finally, the hundreds of thousands of other Americans with loved ones on life support can go about their lives without being reminded of their own family ordeals with the Schavio case all over the TV stations 24/7.

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

im glad you speak for them all knowing thats how they feel.

maybe the reminder that the ACLU has more power than the executive branch is newsworthy to some.

4. Mystikalilusion

i'm glad you can speak for them because you know that's not how they feel.

I can speak for myself and my family who went through a year long bout with my nanny (my mom's sister) on life support. Out of 9 other siblings, only one had reservations about letting her fade into the next life.

5. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

i wasnt speaking for anyone but myself. you lumped in your typically narrow view with all other families in that position, not me.

6. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

It was for the best... but Michael Schiavo is a pu$$y for kicking Terri's parents out of the room before her death.... he is a spitefull prick... Karma is a bitch

7. Mystikalilusion

Yeah, that possibly tears it for me as well. I hadn't seen one statement or action to that point which made me dislike the guy.

Although, how does one tell how long someone has left? Perhaps he wanted alone time with Terri and she happened to pass during that time period? I haven't seen anything from either side detailing this, except for the priest, who of course, has his own agenda. . .

From unbiased accounts, it appears, they were going to do a check/run a few tests on her, the brother got into a spat with the officer on duty and clearer heads prevailed, they cleared the room, and she happened to pass shortly thereafter.

8. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

How about this?
    http://story.news.yahoo.com/fc?cid=34&tmpl=fc&in=US&cat=Assisted_Suicide
    Terri Schiavo's ashes will be buried in an undisclosed location near Philadelphia so that her immediate family doesn't show up and turn the burial into a media spectacle, a member of the Schiavo family said Thursday. "If Mike knew they would come in peace, he would have no problem with it," Scott Schiavo, Michael Schiavo's brother, said during an interview at his home. After an autopsy, Michael Schiavo plans to have his wife's body cremated and her ashes brought to Pennsylvania, where she grew up.

Its easy to see which side has been honorable.IMO, without a doubt, it hasn't been the Michael Shiavo side, George Felos.

Michael Shiavo had a vendetta against Terri and or her family and was never
    going to give her back.
    This is my opinion, I've read enough about Michael and George to know.

9. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

You have a problem with him letting her go without the media? You know damn well if her parents would've come they would've made that media spectacle out of it, they had Jesse Jackson helping them out. Terri's parents deserve to be there, but they have no place there if they were going to bring a media circus with them. You just can't stand it that Michael Schiavo would rather just have his wife die and let him get on with his life. It is too bad that her parents and their supporters have tried to make a pro-life rally out of their daughter dying.

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

He has been getting on with his life while she was alive, he is still a ****ty person.

Her parents still deserve to be there... and they deserve to be at the funeral also.