Terri Schiavo Passes Away

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Mar 31, 2005.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Teri Shiavo was not on life support. She could breath on her own and her heart beat fine. She was not braindead. She had severe brain damage and could not feed herself. She needed food. This was not a case about shutting off life support. This was a case of a woman being starved to death.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Nope, I have a problem with the parents not being there and the Shiavo's using some excuse to see to it that they can't attend.
    The parents wouldn't have made a media circus out of it.

Wow, I didn't know you were a wizard and can read the Shindlers motive for all of this?
    Right to life rally?
    Do you have any kids? I doubt it.
    You sound like a teenager, you won't ever understand what it is like to lose
    a child until you have one.
    Nope, I can't stand people like you who don't have kids and yet accuse this
    poor family of being totally political when they were doing everything they could to save their daughter, just like you would've done.
    LSUsupaFan, some people just don't get it or choose to ignore the facts.

Our priorities, You can't starve an animal or killer to death but someone like Terri you can, btw, its against the law to put to death a retarded person on deathrow but it was ok to do that to Terri.
    Makes Sense? :thumb:

3. JVincent25

JVincent25 Founding Member

Sorry, I wouldn't let my daughter die a slow, 15 year+ death. I can't think of anyone who would choose to live like that, 99% of the people in Terri's shoes would want to die.

4. Sourdoughman

You didn't answer my question, so I'll consider that a no, you don't have kids.
    Die a slow, 15 year+death?
    Can you in fact prove that she died a slow, 15 year death?

About this subject, Sorry but I'll have to consider the source....
    For any more mis-statements you post.

5. LSUsupaFan

It is not ours to choose how and when we die.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

agree. arent we all dying a slow death of different qualities of life?

who's right is to decide whos is best.

Sourdough is right on this one.

7. Mystikalilusion

Mystikalilusion Founding Member

You've just proved our point. Who's right is to decide whos is best? Only ourselves. And when we're unable to make that decision or express that decision, that decision has to be done legally by someone of sound mind and body for us.

8. LSUsupaFan

No it is not our decision to decide when we die. Food and water are not medical treatment they are necessities of life. They are ordinary means of preserving life.

Respirators and machines that keep hearts pumping are extraordinary means of preserving life. When our involuntary reflexes fail that is when a living will should come into play. Teri Shiavo was murdered.

9. Sourdoughman

I would give you rep points for that if I could.
    Thank You

10. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Interesting point, but I disagree. Brain death that precludes one from feeding oneself, thereby forcing a feeding tube to be implanted is the same thing as a respirator and a heart-pumping machine.

All of the overwhelming evidence I've seen points to BRAIN DEATH in Terri's case. The cerebral cortex was entirely replaced with spinal fluid.

Just because the brain stem keeps the heart pumping and the lungs breathing does not mean there is any cognitive capacity there. In addition, I believe Schiavo when he says Terri wanted to not be sustained in the matter that she has been for 15+ years.