Terri Schiavo Passes Away

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Mar 31, 2005.

1. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Can you prove that she didn't? I still haven't seen you answer the cross-sections that show ZERO cognitive capacity and the cortex being replaced with spinal fluid.

2. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Can you prove she did or didn't?
    Are you for euthanasia or against it?
    Are you for starving people to death?
    You claim to be a christian, well do yourself a favor and read George Felos
    book or at least try and read an article from the St. Petersburg Times.
    Basically his biography.
    http://www.sptimes.com/News/052501/Floridian/The_spirit_and_the_la.shtml

Btw, Do you believe George Felos when he says that she never looked more beautiful and peaceful as when she had been starved for a week or two or
    on deaths door? :dis:

3. LSUDeek

I claim!!! Obviously you haven't read any of my posts on this message board.

Every circumstance is unique. I do not believe in euthanasia of people who are not brain dead and who are just suffering and want to end their own suffering. However, in this case, I believe the actions of Michael Schiavo are correct. This woman CANNOT FEEL ANYTHING. SHE HAS ZERO COGNITIVE ABILITIES. SHE CANNOT TELL THAT SHE IS STARVING.

You continue to sidestep the facts and issues in this case and are following an agenda. You continue to avoid my questions and challenges to you on the known facts of this case.

You have really lost your mind on this one, Sourdoughman. You have not seen Terri. You have only seen videos that prove nothing and have ignored 15 years of doctors' evaluations.

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Time will tell, so you've seen Terri?
    Sorry, you are side stepping agendas such as George Felos and what he stands for and what he says.
    Go Ahead and check out the mans biography! :hihi:
    Whatever :thumb:

5. LSUDeek

I'll agree that George Felos might be a questionable person, but it isn't his job to determine whether Terri lives or dies. Do you really think he advised Michael to pull the tube?

If that's true, then we have a problem.

I still contend that Terri Schiavo was brain dead and that letting her body expire was the right decision. However, it is Michael Schiavo's decision to make, not George Felos's.

I still don't see what that has to do with anything, but then again emotion usually clouds judgment. :thumb:

6. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am with 157 on this one.

is their really a difference between contraptions keeping a broken-down person alive? is a respirator different than a feeding tube, if the person is completely non-functioning? its not like this was some rehab thing.

there is only 2 issues:

1. is the woman a brain dead veg or not?
    2. did the woman want to be allowed to die or not?

all other issues are not really relevant.

from what i hear, the answer to #1 is yes. and i nobody has any idea on number 2, except the husband, which is why this whole thing is so difficult for everyone.

i think calling this a murder is going way way overboard.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

I do not agree that a feeding tube is life support. Food and water should not be deprived from people. There is an excellant encyclical that the pope wrote on this issue a few years ago. Being allowed to starve to death when food and water are all one need to sustain life should not be an option. We are one step away from euthanasia. It may be drastic of me to call this a murder, but with no living will we can never know with certainty that Teri Shiavo wanted to die in this manner. Because of that her tube should not have been removed.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

if there is no proof she said that, no one should have the right to kill her by pulling her food source. life support is a completely different issue.

regardless what we consider her quality of life which to me was none, its not our right to kill someone.

infants cant feed themselves either.

9. LSUDeek

This is not euthanasia in my mind, because Terri Schiavo the person was already dead. When the cerebral cortex is almost entirely replaced with spinal fluid, there is no cognitive function and the person is not there. It's a case by case deal and this case is clear-cut, IMO.

It doesn't matter whether she wanted to die or not, because when a person actively seeks out the services of Dr. Death, that is euthanasia and indeed wrong.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

1. its not a permanant condition.
    2. killing infants isnt a big deal, we happily kill them when they are inside women.

agree entirely.

oxygen, food, water, its all the same, its life support. there is no argument here. thats what life support means!