Terri Schiavo Passes Away

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by fanatic, Mar 31, 2005.

1. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

So, are you saying she had no soul?

2. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Almost hate myself for getting into this but hear goes: According to some Christian beliefs she may have not had a soul being that her mind or the emotional part may have been gone, but she still had a Spirit and a Body.

3. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Dictionary definitions for soul and spirit:

Spirit:The vital principle or animating force within living beings.
    Incorporeal consciousness.
    The soul, considered as departing from the body of a person at death
    The part of a human associated with the mind, will, and feelings.

Soul:The animating and vital principle in humans, credited with the faculties of thought, action, and emotion and often conceived as an immaterial entity.
    The spiritual nature of humans, regarded as immortal, separable from the body at death, and susceptible to happiness or misery in a future state.
    A person's emotional or moral nature.

Spirit and Soul are the same according to the dictionary, they are mentioned together in both definitions.
    I wonder if a person could have a little bit of brain functions and yet have a spirit or soul that can show emotion, some capacity of understanding?

The spirit or soul is one thing that is a mystery to all of us, it is what some have forgotten about and maybe jumped the gun with their statements by overlooking it.
    I'm not saying this is the case but could it be?

I will say for arguments sake that the soul moves on after someone dies to another life, it therefore has to have some kind of understanding since the
    brain and everything else dies.
    This would also make the brain second, next to the soul with the brain connecting your inner soul to the outer body.

4. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Unfortunately is not as black and white as the dictionary. If churches can split over the color of the carpet how many can have division over man being a three part being. Spirit the real you Soul your emotions Flesh the earth suit.