Terrorism/President Discussion

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by tirk, Dec 6, 2015.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

There is no such thing as being too late to run as an independent. Especially for him as he has been in the limelight all this while, and then to just announce he's now an independent, easy breezy, no problem.

TwistedTiger likes this.
  2. islstl

His words today to Don Lemon regarding bolting "I think it's highly unlikely, unless they break the pledge to me, because it's a two-way street."

tirk likes this.
  3. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Incorrect, there is a deadline to get on the ballot at many of the early states. It is conceivable that he could get shuffled out after that date has passed and I think that is probably their only option.

4. shane0911

Yes he signed it, had a press conference and everything, the whole 9 yards

5. islstl

ok, I gotcha, yes that would be correct

6. islstl

While it does look like Trump is the de facto leader for the republican nomination, one must understand that 65-70 percent of the people being polled are not pulling the lever for Trump. So once the other 10 or so dufuses finally give up and coalesce into putting their efforts behind one person (Cruz or Rubio most likely), they will surge way past Trump. The big question is how long will that take? Trump could be seen winning Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina before anything breaks and then it may be an uphill climb to do just that. Super Tuesday is a short 10 days after South Carolina.

Will be interesting to see where the voter support of Ben Carson would go to....one would expect a healthy portion could go to Trump. You would think a candidate like Bush's supporters would never turn to support Trump.

What would be most interesting would be Cruz backing out (let's say hypothetically he does poorly in those early primaries)....he is the closest candidate to Trump in terms of hard line views. That's the wildcard here. Then I give Trump as good a chance to win the nomination and all bets are off.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2015
  7. Winston1

Winston1 Founding Member

Frightening thought. I'm afraid Trump would insure a HRC presidency. Then only a FBI and honest Justice Dept. would save us. I'm not holding my breath.

8. islstl

I would agree Trump almost guarantees HRC becomes president.

It would be the highest voter turnout in modern times, easily beating the 62.77 % of the 1960 election (or 63.3 % of the 1952 election if you want to go back that far). I think it would eclipse the 70 % mark, which we have not seen since the 1900 election.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

As much as I dislike Trump I actually think the opposite. If the GOP does what it has been doing in recent presidential elections it almost guarantees a Broom Hilda win. Just trot out the same old life long politician that owes his soul to the GOP establishment and watch Bill party like it's 1999. The only chance they have for victory is to do something different. Pulling a Miles and repeating what has failed over again isn't a formula for victory.

Bengal B likes this.
  10. shane0911

I whole heartedly disagree, I think we see maybe the smallest turnout in history. It is difficult enough to get people to care, throw in what is widely reported as a very unlikable hrc and an equally unlikable Trump and I think you get a record low at the polls.

Plays right into the dems hands.