Terry Bowden breaks down the numbers...

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by saltyone, Apr 13, 2008.

1. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

2. Kajun4LSU

Kajun4LSU Founding Member

Terry does a good job breaking things down. I think he could add to his analysis by including great defenses usually win the field position battle. Also a good punter can add to that field position advantage. Patrick Fisher changed the field position in the NC game several times and was key in LSU's victory. Making your opponent drive the legnth of the field increases the odds that a turnover will occur. It also gives your offense the advantage of using a short field. Even in the days of the mighty Miami and UF offenses of the 80's and 90's, they both had outstanding defenses.

3. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

OK, maybe the words.... "no denying".... were a little too strong. He still knows more than 99.9999999% of us. I'm not a big fan of him, but I don't personally have anything against him either. I believe he wants, more than anything else, to have another shot at a good school. I hope he gets it.

4. luvdimtigers

luvdimtigers Founding Member

Did he seem sure handed?

5. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

The only person I remember mishandling a return was Chad Jones....I think. I'm pretty sure Jones put one on the ground. I'm also pretty sure it was a punt.