Texans & DD

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu99, May 9, 2003.

1. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I moved to Houston about 2 years ago and started to get interested in the Texans and naturally much of the sports talk radio/TV/print media kept the info flowing in. I thought David Carr seemed like a good guy to root for and the organization had quality people running it. Then, with the 1st pick of the 2nd round, the Texans picked Jabar Gaffney. I immediately took it very personal and vowed I would never become a Texans fan. Every single mock draft had Josh Reed ahead of Gaffney and I spent all of last year smirking every time Gaffney dropped a pass.

Now they've picked Domanick Davis and I'm starting to get excited about the team again. I think the potential in Davis is unlimited and I think he can be productive at RB also in the NFL. It's the perfect fit for a team lacking playmakers. Hopefully he'll step in and be the immediate PR/KR guy and see time as a 3rd down back. When the Texans realize he's so solidly built (around 215 I think), they'll get him more and more carries.

The other LSU guy I wanted to root for was Bradie James. I've always hated the Cowboys but the Aikman/Irvin/Smith trio is finally gone. Maybe I can just root for their defense (if Bradie sees playing time) and hope they lose every game 3-0. I just can't root for them as long as Jerry Jones is around.

2. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

I just graduated from LSU in dec of 01' and am now living and working in Houston. I am also very excited about DD being here. Mini-camp for rookies started this thursday and i called the Texan admin office to find out if the practice was open to the public and unfortunately they are not. I know the Saints' mini-camp is open to the public for no charge. We have to wait until July when all the players report. At that time, they will have random scheduled publicly opened practices.

3. SeN-SaTioN

SeN-SaTioN Founding Member

That is Domanick in the background. Looks like he'll be wearing #37.
    [​IMG]

4. sugarland tiger

sugarland tiger Freshman

I am a texan season ticket holder and iam excited about having double D.

5. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I think DD will be able to make an immediate impact as a special teams player and can eventually be a good NFL back.

6. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

what a terrible logo. bring back the oilers! classic uniforms

7. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

No Oilers Logo. I HATE Bud Adams. Besides when he left Houston he "retired" the Long and everything associated with the team.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I think DD looks a lot better in Purple and Gold.

9. chuck

chuck Founding Member

I love the Texans Logo

I think Davis adds a fantastic degree to our running game. I was originally concerned when we were going to go after Stephen Davis (yes, an Auburn fan) b/c I think Davis is more of a (give me an foot or two then BAM! Unfortuneately, the Texans OL doesn't give a foot or two and I don't think Davis would have been able to earn his keep. I'm pretty happy with Mack and Wells - and then throw Davis in there in the same roles as we used our other RB last year (totally forgot his name). Also, with the departure of J. Lewis - there could definitely be spot for him on KR/PR.

Looking forward to SEC boys on the Texans!