Texans @ Saints

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Sep 9, 2019.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

So someone please explain how Sean Payton once again takes the ball out of the great Drew Brees' hands on the last series of downs with a 24-21 lead, needing 1 more first down to go into victory formation.

I'll hang up and listen.

2. didit

didit Veteran Member

I don't think Marcus knows the definition of his role... And he still hasn't learned from his tackling mistake in Minnesota 2 years ago... The shoulder tackle with his head looking at the ground pathetic... That being said, that was 2 horrible d calls by Dennis on their last drive... Up 6 with them having no timeouts, and that's the d you call... Smh...

3. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Onyemata back next week. Rankins will be rusty for awhile when he does come back

islstl likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Onyemata is huge to get back.

Yep Rankins probably not gonna be all the way back until the second half of the season.

5. mctiger

Saw this morning that Brees almost added to another NFL record he holds. In his career, Brees has had 15 games where he threw a go ahead TD pass in the 4th quarter, only to see his team lose the game. By contrast, it happened to Montana just 5 times in his career, Brady and Manning; 4 times.

Bengal B likes this.
  6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Great to see one go the Saints way. If you have following the Saints since their inception you sometimes wonder if the heartbreak will ever end. I could list them all but that would be book length.

7. ehusson80

ehusson80 Founding Member

I hear you but we should count our blessings too. We have a world championship. There’s a bunch if teams that can’t say that or theirs was/were long ago. We could be Detroit or Cleveland. Or worst of all... Atlanta!!

fanatic, Bengal B and watson1880 like this.
  8. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Don't I know it. There's SO many plays in our history that have broken our hearts. So many. Before we won the Super Bowl, the one play that personified that heartbreak, was the Cal-Stanford play against Jax. We win and we're in the playoffs. We score on that crazy ass play and freakin John Carney misses the extra point. Not blocked, straight up missed a 15 yard kick (from the old distance). I think that's the first time I had ever seen an NFL kicker miss an XPT. That was who we were until 2009.

didit likes this.
  9. mctiger

nola.com says Saints have put LB Kaden Ellis on IR and signed former (wasted) number 1 pick Stephone Anthony. We'll see if the sequel is better than the original.

10. didit

didit Veteran Member

Anthony had a great rookie year iirc... Then they moved him out of position and then wondered why he didn't thrive... Looked it up and he had 112 tackles his 1st year then 15 his second and third...

ParadiseiNC likes this.