Texas A&M vs LSU Official Game Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by kcal, Nov 25, 2023.

1. kcal

kcal Founding Member

from cbk’s presser via 247:

Here's what Kelly said after the win over Texas A&M.

INITIAL THOUGHTS ON THE WIN OVER TEXAS A&M
    "A great way to finish the regular season. We are 7-0 at home. We're really proud of that accomplishment. On the defensive side of the ball, we're not perfect. We have to grind. I'm proud of their resolve. That showed, especially in the second half. They were 2-of-9 in the second half on third-down conversions. We couldn't stop them. We couldn't get off the field in the first half. In the second half, they really made some plays.

"We got the pick, which was huge. Our playmakers made plays. Big-time players make big-time plays in games like this. Jayden Daniels had four touchdowns against what I consider the best defense that we have played all year. Just another incredible performance. I am really proud of our coaches and really proud of our football team for coming back, getting nine wins and giving us a chance for 10. That was a big milestone for us."

ON TEXAS A&M FAILING TO CONVERT ITS LAST FIVE THIRD DOWNS
    "We were getting overloaded in zones with their passing game, in particular to the short field. They were running vertical switch routes, and we just couldn't match them in our zone. It was difficult in man coverage. So, we went to a spy technique with Harold Perkins. We went to an old-fashioned two-trail coverage where we just ran cover two behind it and trail technique underneath. We got underneath all the receivers because there were a lot of spot routes, curls and drive routes that we just couldn't match. We got three consecutive stops in trail coverage. We hadn't run it all year. We made that adjustment at halftime. We talked to the kids about what we needed them to do. To their credit, they went out and executed.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2023
  2. kcal

kcal Founding Member

so a question: who called the d in the 2nd half?

hard for me to see house making the adjustment… wait until the2nd half of the last game of the season to make a meaningful defensive alignment adjustment? Or did Kelly say he wasn’t losing this game at home and put house in the corner?

guess we’ll see before long….

LSUpride123 likes this.
  3. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

#milesball

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

So I guess we have good enough kids to try a new coverage in the second half on the last game of the year and they did it.

My oh my that is telling.

It’s almost like someone on staff didn’t know wtf was going on.

shane0911, furduknfish, kcal and 3 others like this.
  5. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Well I guess it was our super bowl so pull out all stops.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  6. Kikicaca

Kikicaca Meaux

Guess BK needs to be fired to since he didn't see what some of you saw that he didn't. Buck stops at BK afterall. The game moves fast and you can't adjust instantly it just does not work that way. It takes a lot of effort to gather a teams tendencies. If that was the case Georgia wouldn't have been behind at halftime when they played Auburn. They came out after HALFTIME ADJUSTMENTS and won the game. Lastly sometimes a team just doesn't have the talent to fix some issues, I think LSU is in that position. If you look around you will this happens a lot.

7. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

seems like LSU should and will recruit a QB from the portal. and this should be true even if they think nuss is the man.

ifI were a high school QB, I would not go to bama or LSU or Georgia. I would go where I would start on day 1. then parlay one or two years of big numbers into a starting role at a major league U like LSU or ohio state.

similarly I expect that going forward, megaprograms will always be playing guys that have 1 or 2 years of success at lesser schools, like AZ state.

like MLB, where Arizona state is a AAA school and the top SEC schools and Michigan etc are the majors. you put in your time and hope to get promoted to the big boys.

8. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Why? We are QB heavy right now and young except for Nuss

9. Jmg

Jmg Veteran Member

because the winning QBs are not young or highly touted necessarily but experienced. transfers with 2 years of good play at a mid program. like daniels at AZ st. bo nix got his experience at Auburn and is a veteran monster at oregon. joey B took years to become Joey B.

we don't have time to train a young player, we should be bringing in a proven winner with at least 10 games starting experience in a fairly decent conference.

LSU, along with about 6 other super major teams, we are the big leagues, and we should treat everyomne else like our farm team. if you put up historic numbers as a freshman and sophomore at notre dame or iowa, then transfer to the big boys and prepare for the heisman and the draft at LSU. the Yankees don't develop inexperienced kids, neither should we.

shane0911 likes this.
  10. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village