Texas A&M vs LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Texas A&M handed LSU a 79-53 defeat, its worst loss to a non-conference opponent since John Brady took over as coach ten seasons ago.

The 26-point margin of defeat was the largest for LSU against a non-league opponent since it lost to Kansas 82-53 in Dale Brown's final season as coach.

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Dammit Bayou, I thought this would be about A&M taking our open slot on the OOC schedule next year. ;)

3. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

no way you get bad news 2 days in a row, right??? :crystal:

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

Apathy is worse then not caring at all. Firing time is soon.

5. PodKATT

PodKATT Time to Put Your Pants On

and we lost to tulane. I say we grab the torches and pitchforks....on tuesday

1 person likes this.
  6. 18handicap

18handicap Founding Member

I was at the game last night and I've never been as embarrassed as a LSU alumnus as I was at Reed Arena. What has happened to our program? CJB has had over 10 years to build a consistent winner and he has failed to do so. Seems to me that if it isn't football or baseball, the administration doesn't seem to care about the other major sports. I remember packing the Assembly Center for every game when I was in school, and now I see that it's half empty for most games.

A&M could have beaten us by 50 if they really wanted to last night. Since I live in College Station and I get free tickets because I'm a high school coach, I go pretty regularly. I saw teams like UC-Irvine, Florida A&M, etc. give A&M a better game. What really upset me is that A&M was able to clear their bench and give almost all of their 20 players at least a sniff of playing time. We had 8 players suited up (7 scholarship) and with one fouling out, 2 more with 4 fouls, the walk on kid never took his warm ups off. I wish CJB would have gone ahead and played the kid -- he practices every day and we were down by 30 and I don't think we were going to pull it out, so why not and give the kid a chance.

Something else embarrassing -- 5 coaches on the bench and only 3 players. Did we charter a large plane or a full size bus? We could have come to the game in a van.

Do we really care about basketball at LSU? I do, as I care for all sports. This is just too much for me to stomach. For any other coach, 11 years of mediocrity would get them fired.

1 person likes this.
  7. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

This is just getting ridiculous...I gave up hope after the Nova game and to make things worse, our two best players are out for the rest of the season...I don't see a reason for them to come back earlier than expected.

8. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I was at the Vandy basketball game last night, they are now 15-0. They were smaller and slower then UMass and still won the game. This team is coached up to play above their talent level every game. They have a freshman playing like a Senior at center. Why can't LSU have as good a basketball program as Vandy?

9. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

I'm sure we have a better program, they're just having a better season.

10. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

any reasonable fan expected the outcome of the game.

it was not a poor coaching performance. switch coaches and do you think it would have been different.

for a long time there has been reason to want to get rid of cjb. just dont do it because an LSU team with three of its most important players out loses to a top 10 team by 20.

1 person likes this.