Texas A&M vs LSU

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Bayou Bengal11, Jan 5, 2008.

1. Tom Callender

Tom Callender Founding Member

Make that four of the top eight - Mitchell, Thornton, Mason, Johnson. Plus Matrin had a run in with Coach Brady & did not play past the early stages of the second half.
    Vanderbilt? I think they have a much better program than LSU does. More consistant anyway.

2. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

Didnt they almost lose...to UMASS? :wave:

Just kidding, they have a good program and good coach.

3. Tigers Paw

Tigers Paw Founding Member

Those four players you mention would not make a whole lot of difference.

4. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

UMass' starting 5 came out faster and are taller, they build about a 14 point lead 10 minutes into the game. Two of their starters had 3 fouls each at the 12 minute mark of the game. In typical Vandy fashion they just kept playing good defense and hitting the open shot. Vandy scored 61 points in the 2nd half to win the game. I think the majority of SEC teams have more talent then Vandy but Vandy is very well coached and continue to develop strong team chemistry. They also use an up tempo running game.

I get very frustrated with our Tigers not having good team nucleus to build on from year to year. Maybe part of it is Vandy has no players that are of NBA talent that would ever leave early. Whereas LSU has had that problem in recent years. I'm just venting. It is nice to go to Vandy games and have a sold out venue to watch SEC games.

5. TigerNTNichills

TigerNTNichills Founding Member

LSU HAD ONE REMEMBER I REMEMBER DALE BROWN USED TO COME TO NASHVILLE , AND HE USED TO TAKE A VANDY KID THAT WAS DYING WITH CANCER OUT TO EAT WITH HIS TEAM, THAT IS WHAT I REMEMBER ABOUT DALE BROWN AND THE LSU TIGERS BASKETBALL TEAM

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

I've heard folks smarter than me say that the success of the football program in recent years has sorta stolen attention away from the basketball program, hence, Brady sometimes flys under the radar. My guess is if the basketball program stays as it is now, in a month or so, sooner if the Tigers were to lose the NC football game, the heat is gonna be turned up on Brady to a very uncomfortable level. :angryfire

Then again, seems most Tiger fans have very limited interest in basketball. :dis:

7. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

That's gonna change after next week...Cause starting tomorrow night we'll be celebrating the Tigers NC and once we sober up, we'll get back to Brady Bashing.

8. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

im not sayin it aint gonna happen, but i think our AD, a former coach, will not get rid of a coach the season he loses 40% of his starters.