Texas aTm is Green with Envy

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by lsu_mackey, Feb 8, 2011.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I think it would help their recruiting greatly. Right now Texas owns them and A&M has nothing to sell recruits. Staying at home and playing in the SEC should definitely give them a recruiting bump. I hate them but I think it would be good for the SEC and the faggies. With all the super conference talk the SEC should act now and cherry pick who they want instead of waiting for another conference to beat them to the punch and be left with who ever is left. A&M is a logical choice, they are a good team with natural border rivalries and would expand the SEC viewing area.

2. oldtigerman

oldtigerman Texas Tiger

A couple of forgotten or unknown points. LSU and A&M used to be a great and fun rivalry. No one believed Arkansas could ever be SEC quality because they have no recruit base to pull from. A&M has a student body of some 45000 students with alumni willing to provide more money than we have at LSU. I agree that they are not ready for SEC today. The number of recruits available in Texas is huge and being in the SEC would help A&M tremendously. A&M would get the money to provide SEC type facilities and A&M would be SEC quality in ten years. I love competition and would even like to see Texas and even Oklahoma in the conference. Then we would really have a Super Conference. Geaux Tigers

3. RHans405

RHans405 Let's Roll

And, that record of head to head is fairly even. In the 90's they won most of them. Quality can flip flop year in and year out.

4. pharpe

pharpe Founding Member

Totally agree. Competition is what makes LSU and the SEC great. The more the better as far as I'm concerned.

5. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

LSU gains nothing from allowing A&M in the SEC.

6. Rwilliams

Rwilliams Veteran Member

If we were to expand who should it be? Florida state and wvu? Clemson ?

7. watson1880

watson1880 Founding Member

What the SEC has to gain by letting in a Texas school into the SEC is market penatration into the Texas market and with that comes revenue. LSU would then take a share of the revenue stream.

8. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

I say steer clear of folks obsessed with "butt hurt."

9. LSUgris-gris

LSUgris-gris Founding Member

This is a moot point since a move would have to be approved by the Texas Legislature, even if the Gov., Rick Perry, is an Aggie. I live near College Station and heard an interview on the car radio with Aggie HC Mike Sherman. He was asked about the Cotton Bowl and he said that LSU was the best team his team had played and we were simply bigger, stronger, faster. He also said that he regretted scoring those fast ten points because he thought it just pissed us off!:yelwink2:

10. LSUgris-gris

LSUgris-gris Founding Member