Texas eyeing Chavis?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dudley, Jan 2, 2011.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I don't know. He's only been here for 2 years and that's not a lot of roots to pull up. Coaching is a nomadic lifestyle and most move every four years or so. If Les ever gets fired or goes to Michigan, then Chavis is gone anyway.

Who can turn down 7 figures a year? I like my job too, make good money and am set for retirement. But I'd take a job at UT in a heartbeat for a 43% raise.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Traitor :grin:

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Chavis confirmed in his own words today. I am sure an article will be out shortly.

Even mentioned that the only way he could see himself leaving is if he was given a head coaching job at a big time program. Kind of surprising because I never thought he had any aspirations for a head coaching opportunity. Never heard his name come up for that type of job either.

4. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Hell yeah! You know they get their panties in a wad everytime someone shoots them down. They probably think that everyone will just drop everything for the privilege of working in their program.

On a side note, I've never heard Chavis speak. Does he have a Hispanic accent? If not, he certainly looks like he should.

6. red55

Perhaps offering 7 figures to an assistant would cause dissent among the other assistants.

No particular accent, he's a really friendly and sincere fellow. His heritage is Native American. The Chief, you know.

7. red55

Opportunist. :wave:

8. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

True. Although, I think that would be the least of Texas' worries at the current time. :D

Yeah, but that's a pretty vague moniker. Doesn't necessarily mean that he has Native American heritage. But I digress; I thought he was Hispanic.:thumb:

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

That does sound odd. I thought he would've been a shoe-in for the Tennessee HC job when Fulmer left, but then again who knows with internal politics.

10. dudley

dudley oops!

Texas has no assistants. Their DC went to Florida, they fired the OC, and all their positions coaches left. Only Brown, Major Appleknocker and the S&C coach remained. I read today they hired a receiver coach from Kansas which is kinda strange. Seems like they would hire top down and let the coordinators have a say in who the position coaches will be. No, I can't believe the Appleknocker will be the OC! He's been looking around too. Something funny going on over there and they've been strangely quiet.