Texas in the SEC?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by dudley, Feb 14, 2010.

1. SOUTHPAW

SOUTHPAW Founding Member

Lets see drop miss st. and add texas to the west:

LSU
    ALABAMA
    TEXAS
    AUBURN
    OLE MISS
    ARKANSAS

sec west would start to dominate any other division

even the sec east couldnt hang with that lineup

2. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

If TX goes to the Big 10 - we need to ship MSU to Big 12 in exchange for OU.

3. LEGACY TIGER

LEGACY TIGER Defy Yourself

The likelihood for a National Champ out of that line up would be slim as well.

4. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

Yep. I like it just the way it is. The world needs ditch dig...er, conference doormats, too.

5. TSdude

TSdude Founding Member

It's all about $$$$$$$$ with Texas. The folks in Austin are not happy with the pathetic Big 12 TV contracts which pale in comparison to the SEC and Big Ten. UT is THE school in the Big 12 and without the 'Horns the Big 12 would be the MWC. If the SEC entertained Texas it would also likely talk to A&M.
    Personally I don't want either of them. Texas has so much money and having them and A&M in the SEC would severely hurt LSU's recruiting.

6. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

If you are going to add to the SEC, best thing is to do it right. The conference whiffed on FSU and Da U last time it expanded.

I would like to see a 16 team SEC. Why 16? Because of the timing. If the Big XII does indeed fall apart the conference would have one shot and one shot only at adding the best teams from that conference. Or else face a repeat of the last time where both of it's targets went to another conference instead,

I'd have it like so:

West.....................East
    LSU.....................Florida
    Arkansas................Georgia
    Ole Miss................Tennessee
    Oklahoma State........S. Carolina
    Oklahoma.................Kentucky
    Miss. State..................Vanderbilt
    Texas...................Auburn
    Texas A&M...............Alabama

I would have liked Nebraska instead of Okie State, but I think to get Oklahoma, we'd have to take the Cowboys, too. The new additions all make sense geographically, would be competitive athletically, and would add new tv sets.

It would be the best conference in the country by far, and no other conference could ever top it , regardless of which teams are added.

:thumb:

7. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

What exactly would the survivor's record look like at the end of that campaign.
    Meanwhile Ohio St, USC, get to the dance 12 and 0 while some fortunate SEC team limps into the sugar bowl 10 and 3 to play undefeated Boise St.

We do get one west and east team each year to keep some rivalry going, so I guess we are still on for BR on a Saturday night.

You sure we can't talk Nebraska into coming?:confused:

1 person likes this.
  8. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

Nebraska is a bigger deal with OU than OSU. The cowboys to OU is like tulane is to LSU.

9. I Like Mike

I Like Mike Geaux Tigers!

Can't say for sure, but from what I read on NU fan sites, the Huskers seemed more excited about a possible Big Ten invite. Athletically speaking, wrestling is a big deal up there, and the Big Ten is the place for college wrestling. The academic advantages of joining the Big Ten were also mentioned prominently.

T Boone Pickens is the Bobby Lowder of the Big XII and Okie State's major backer. He's given millions of dollars to the university and is very influential in state politics. Just like Texas can't go anywhere without TAMU, OU is shackled to it's little brother. The Sooners and the Cowboys are a package deal, like it or not.

:insane: