Texas Longhorns or Texas Thugs??

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUTiga, Sep 19, 2007.

1. khounba

khounba Founding Member

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

2. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Figured I'd make my boy Fried scratch his head cause that one was an "Old" one.

Just for you batty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-yqjS_gU-Q

1 person likes this.
  3. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

youtube is blocked at work. thanks for rubbing it in.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Ouch! C if I'm nice to you again, big meanie. :lol:

I thought you ran the place.......anyway.

5. lsubatgirl04

lsubatgirl04 Cupcake Thief

I wish! Besides I'm not the IT guy's "type." :wink:

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Perhaps he's more of a Superman Super Soaker. :rofl:

7. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

Hey little Rexy- look at my rep and look at yours. There are two season tickets that have been in my family since before you were born that are in my name in the current holder's will. So you're old, but don't call me little lessin you want me to open a mental can of whoopin.

Sorry, haven't had the chance to start a family yet- the girl I love told me last week that she decided she couldn't marry me (which was an answer to the question, "Do you think we should start dating?") and now "loves me like a brother." And started dating a 32-year old. We're both TWENTY. (LOL Okie and orlando there's your update)

I wasn't addressing you as an older member of the populace. I was addressing those that began to knock Texas simply because of the fact that they did the dance. We had a player today knock a player back 15 feet and blatantly commit a personal foul (in place to protect the players) and was cheered by the entire crowd for his ferocity. Hypocrisy in action!

Oh, and about the "You suck!" cheer: http://www.tigerforums.com/tigers-den/58937-student-section-doesnt-class.html

1 person likes this.
  8. Rex C.

Rex C. member

Mr. Firedriches:

Fair enough..

You have more than 2012 posts since joining this board in 2006. And you have a great "rep" (whatever that means).

Then there’s me with only ~ 40 posts (total) over the last 4 years (I joined in 2003).

Perhaps in your world that makes you the winner – but from where I sit it simply means that you clearly have a lot more time on your hands ...and you really, really seem to care about what others think of you on this board.

Good for you.

Me... not so much.

I do find it interesting that in my "vast" experience on this board over the past 4 years that I never had anyone give me demerit (or what ever they are called) or delete a thread that I was part of…until earlier this week when I voiced my opinion about the "You-Suck" cheer in two seperate threads.

And as I recall, you were one of those who bashed me...basically saying that I was too old fashioned.

Perhaps.

Well, I attended today's game with my 12 year old. And once again and he heard the “You-Suck, You Suck” cheer again...except this time it was followed by "you suck, you suck, Cocks"

Clever.

I just shook my head and thought about how old fashioned I am. I did my best not to let my son hear this classless crap.

It truely makes me embarrassed for us. I’d like to believe that were better than that. I guess not.

Then came the F.U., F.U. Spurrier cheer. Now I hate the guy as much as anyone - but dropping the f-bomb in a cheer? c'mon!

I have to admit I pictured you when I heard that one, though we’ve never met, I some how pictured you and someone named “Nolimit MD” and simply assumed you and he (she?) were one of the throngs of thousands spouting out in unison what has to be the new, all-time-low in SEC cheering.

But then tonight, I log on to the Tigerforum...and there you are, Mr. Friedriches. There you are taking a stand against the very same thing !!!

There may be hope for you after all! It's one thing for a 43-year old dinosaur like me to take a stand - but for a younger person like you...well, all I can say is – Kudos! (That's old fashioned way of gioving you "Props")

Just be aware that you might risk losing some of those precious "rep" points if you keep this up. How long are you willing to stick by your guns??

All sarcasm aside - I do appreciate you taking a stand about the vulgar cheering. And let me repeat what I've asserted already on this - it's one thing if some drunken frat boy or half-baked Cajun drops the f-bomb, we will always have that, unfortunately.

But to institutionalize this sort of vulgarity on a mass scale, well I just think that it’s just taking it way too far in my opinion. My brother was in for the game (he's from out of state) and his 17 year-old son was the one who brought up the vulgar cheering. What can I say?

I'd challenge anyone who found tonight’s cheering to be over the top to speak up like Friedriches did.

Even more - I'd like to hear some creative suggetsions on how this can be reined in...or is it impossible?

1 person likes this.
  9. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

If you ask other posters, I think you will find that since I began posting, I have never once deviated from something I believe in. I believe in cooperation, and as such try to avoid confrontation, but I believe I have a reputation in standing firm.

I think the issue at hand is what Crip says in the other thread. (LOL Grad what are you going to do with two separate threads?)

It's that the younger generation has a sense of entitlement that causes them to deviate from standard human decency. However, that's not to say that there is not a great many future leaders and excellent human beings in my generation. However, there are more than in previous ones who believe that they are alive simply to have a good time and exist on the sweat of their parent's brow. Good people like CParso and Macattac and I are simply caught in the crossfire of these idiots.

The best thing to do, I think, is to start by writing the Reveille and Chancellor. I am willing to pen the letters if others are ready to sign them. We need to get publicity on this, and we need it now. I will no longer sit by and let this stuff pass. This is my university and your university as much as it is any other tool's, and by simply letting it go by we are letting it happen. These standards of decency can be established. You may say that there is no way it can be done. I simply say that you are not willing to do what it would take to convince 15,000 people that what they are doing is wrong.

10. Rex C.

Rex C. member

My little red X and I salute you, sir.