Texas - LSU Series?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CalcoTiger, Nov 6, 2003.

1. SpringTiger

SpringTiger Founding Member

Could be played in houston - YEAH! That would be awesome!:D
    The two basketball teams played in Houston several years ago (when the Tigers had Jackson, O'Neal, Roberts, and co.) I went with a Texas-ex friend, and the Tigers kicked their butts. It was great!

They are called "teasips" because of the sign that they make with their fingers - it resembles holding a tea cup with the pinkie finger out.

:geaux:

2. FOREVER LSU

FOREVER LSU Founding Member

Texas would fit in the PAC 10...

3. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Re: Re: Texas - LSU Series?

Nah! Home-and-home would be better for BOTH schools. Texas' stadium seats over 80,000. To play the game other than in Baton Rouge and Austin would be like taking a pay-cut for both schools.

That said, I'm all in favor of playing Texas annually.

4. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: Texas - LSU Series?

I was being facetious when I said that. Texas already has the home state advantage by playing Oklahoma in Dallas every year, not that its done them any good lately. Why give them another in Houston. I would love to see games played in Baton Rouge and Austin. I don't really want to see LSU play the same out of conference team every year. I would rather rotate between Teams like Texas, OU, Miami, Notre Dame, Florida State, Nebraska, ect on a two year home and home basis.

5. terry cox

terry cox Founding Member

My brother-in-law, who now lives in Southern California and who lived for years in the Southwest, says Texas is a Cal-type team; no rowdies there, just techies.

6. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Since it was Fall Break and we were on the bye week I went to Austin to see a band I like. Since I was there I went to the UT K-State game. Let me say zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. There is no atmosphere in the Big XII outside Kyle Field. And we all know A&M can't hold a candle to us.

7. burlesontiger

burlesontiger Founding Member

If the Cotton Bowl last year was any indication, Texas fans are posers. The games are a social event to them, a place to "see and be seen".

8. Marsheezi

Marsheezi Founding Member

I completely agree... Texas fans are lame... I stood by myself in a large crowd of Texas "fans" with a sign that i'd rather not repeat the wording of and insulted pretty much every one of em.....and they pretty much just stood there and took it...I think my eyes still hurt from all the burnt orange, but i did see a guy with the largest mullet EVER.

I hate Texas with a passion, and i'd love to play them here and then get a chance to play em in Austin... but for them its not that wise of a decision b/c there are way too many recruits in Texas that would get a glimpse of the LSU domination, and texas would lose all those recruits to us.

Plus they realize the cotton bowl was a fluke, and had Randall not fumbled the ball 15yds behind him for a Texas TD, we woulda stomped the $h!t outta them.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Bring it on! I would love a home and home with Texas. The only school I want more of a piece of is A & M!

10. utdbear

utdbear Founding Member

They are called teasips, because Austin is an affluent city, and College Station is a hellhole full of hillbillies that build things that fall down and can't play football