Texas Mother Not Guilty due to Insanity

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by mesquite tiger, Apr 3, 2004.

1. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/04/03/children.slain/index.html

The lady who stoned her 3 children, 2 to death, and said God told her to do it was found not guilty by reason of insanity today. instead of getting life in prison (which in my opinion she desrved the death penalty), she will get to go to a maximum security psychiatric hospital for a few years.

We are we so lenient on mother's killing their children? I am sorry, but I totally do not buy into the insanity BS half these folks get off on. even mentally handicapped people can tell the difference between right and wrong for the most part. this lady is probably laughing herself to sleep tonight in her nice hospital bed that is supposed to be her "time served for being insane". she did not even shed a tear in her trail.

unbelieveable.....

:cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :angry: :mad: :cuss: :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2. DDTigerFan

DDTigerFan Back from the Dead

I hope she spends every last day of her pathetic life in a padded room in complete darkness. Aghhh!!!! What I would like to do to that woman! Golf club across the face would start it off!

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

4. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

Texas Mother Not Guilty due to Insanity

Sounds to me like she was tried by a jury of her peers.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

We don't execute crazy people in this country. If she is a true kook, then they should lock her up in a padded cell for about 40 years. I doubt we'll see her back on the street. Not in Texas.

6. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Screw that. If you're nuts you get off and if you're just evil you get the chair. If you can afford to get an articulate shrink to say you're crazy you beat the rap.

Hang her from the nearest tree. HANG HER HIGH!

7. captainpodnuh

captainpodnuh Baseball at da Box

The problem is that if she ever is found to be "cured" by the resident doctors at the asylum, will she then go to prison, or will she be free on the streets of the good ole' USA? For God sake, if Manson ever got paroled because he was "cured"...

We don't want her on the streets. Too often our criminals are rehabilitated, released on parole, and turned loose to go and commit another heinous crime. We need to get a little more Communist in our prison systems and do away with life sentences which continuously suck my tax dollars when the potholes on my street could be fixed, or better yet, the whole road resurfaced.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Manson has been up for parole seven times. He will never be parolled, nor will any of the other Manson family, even the ones who gave state's evidence. For the most part, the pardon boards do a good job of keeping the dangerous looneys off the street. Especially in high-profile cases.

As for an asylum pronouncing her "cured", it could happen I suppose. But they can hold her for up to 40 years and I suspect they will. If she's still alive at age 89 they may have to release her.

9. BP

BP Founding Member

Actually, contrary to popular opinion, the insanity plea is an extremely difficult, and dangerous, plea to utilize. For one thing, you have to admit you commited the crime. In addition, the strong presumption in our court system is that the person is sane, i.e., is able to distinguish between right and wrong and can control his/her actions.

In this case, five psychiatrists, including two from the defense and one appointed by the court, all reached the conclusion that this woman fit the criteria. While I have as emotional a reaction as everyone else to someone stoning their children to death, the simple fact of the matter is that there are some (very few) people who are truly insane. If you've never been around a true paranoid schizophrenic in the full throws of the disorder, its hard to beleive, but it does happen.

10. tiger fan 2001

tiger fan 2001 Founding Member

Of course she is crazy (you have to be to do this crime) but why should that be a defense from the death penalty.