Texas Teen Faces Life for Selling Pot Brownies

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Bengal B, May 20, 2014.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

No one in town knows which is why I'm able to type this. I got a few people I get from, and I never sell it. I may give some away to really close friends I've had for years, but my dad taught me a long time ago, don't be obvious, look normal, dress nice, don't drive with it, you'll be fine.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

It's just a famlee trudition.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Add . . . don't hang out with stupid people who violate these rules. I've had more than one friend get busted for someone else's stupidity.

4. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Isn't this what we are supposed to be teaching our kids? As my daughter's elementary school principal said at graduation a few years ago...."Why stay grounded with turkeys when you can soar with eagles?"

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

So you're questioning my father's parenting because he shared some tips on how to stay out of jail if you want to smoke pot. I mean I was 25 years old but that's neither here nor there.

And trust me, everytime I time I smoke a fat bowl, I am soaring with eagles.

If more parents would stand up and be honest with their children about pot and quit being lying hypocritical bastards, this kid wouldn't be facing all this jail time.

6. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Is that how you interpreted it? Okay then. I wasn't even addressing your post, but red's comment about staying away from folks who get in trouble.

I'm sure you are.....and destroying brain cells in the process but smoke on!

Exactly what would that conversation sound like? Would it include the entire truth or just the parts you like?

7. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Don't you live in California where everybody smokes pot? You sound like the peiple who made the Reefer Madness movie

8. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Yes I live in CA and no, everyone does not smoke dope. I actually support the legalization of pot in small quantities for personal use. However, that doesn't change the fact that it does destroy brain cells and is addictive on a few levels. I would no more want my kids to smoke dope than drink alcohol. I imagine there will be a day when they try both either as a choice or experiment just like they probably will have sex before marriage. That doesn't mean I won't be doing my best to educate them and to point out the consequences. I just pray that they won't suffer any long-term consequences or life changing issues as a result.

9. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

you could have just stuck with the fact he took your reply completely the wrong way as theres a lot of that here but i do understand its often more fun just to play along.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Agreed.

I'm not even sure why it turned out that way.