Texas top 20 for 2006

Discussion in 'LSU RECRUITING' started by Randy70, Feb 8, 2005.

1. wingman

wingman Founding Member

Everyone's entitled to his opinion. My statement is factual. Miles recruiting record is not anywhere near the best based on the rankings of his recruiting classes where he's been. He has been an average recruiter at best. He's "stepped up" now into the "Big Leagues" into a job at a state flagship school where the state (Louisiana) is ranked every year in the Top 5 (number of scholarships awarded in NCAA Division 1) and Top 2 (number of players per capita awarded scholarships behind Florida) Rankings.

Hence, there are NO EXCUSES for his average recruiting results.

Mr. Miles needs to haul in a couple of Top 5 recruiting classes over the next three years to EARN the accolades of being a good recruiter in order to keep the machine running. No doubt, everyone posting (except LSU opponents) is hoping Les can step up to the plate and deliver. 2006 will be the best crop ever from Louisiana (projected). Vultures from everywhere will be looking to snag the best LA home-grown players and pick the state clean. Even the smaller schools are licking their chops.

2. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

OK, since all I said is that he's smart enough to have one of the top jobs in America and you chose to reply with this garbage I'll respond.
    Don't know what this has to do with him not being the sharpest tool in the shed but: Okay, compare his recruiting classes at OSU to the previous classes at OSU and tell me how he ranked in comparison. Doubt if you'll find much about the classes before he was at OSU. I would say that looking at the OSU records for the 50 years previous to Miles and what he accomplished there may be a foog barometer of his recruiting success. By your statement it appears you think he should have had top 5 classes at OSU.

Are you calling last year's class average? If you are than you aren't taking anything into consideration including the average star ranking of the class.

Have no idea how this has anything to do with his intelligience either but: I agree that Louisiana has an incredible amount of talent coming out in most years but I doubt those statements very much, top 5 in D1 scholarshps awarded every year, nope, but close. Per capita yes we'll always be very high. But the number of D-1 scholarships doesn't matter anyway, what does matter is the quality at the top of each class. LA is usually one of the better states and supplies plenty enough great recruits to stock LSU pretty well, with the addition of some top recruits out of state, as has been done by Saban in getting Bowe, Wilkerson, Addai, Hill, Russell, etc. and follwed up this year with RJF, LaFell, Jackson, Hawkins and Anderson.

You may want to read a post before you get your drawers all tied in a knot next time as you apparently didn't read mine at all since you went off on a tangent that had nothing whatsoever to do with my post.

And I will still say I don't see how you can question the intelligence of Miles.

3. Houma Tiger

Houma Tiger Founding Member

Maybe that had to do with LSU having so few free rides to offer. Players thought they better commit while they could.

4. wingman

wingman Founding Member

You're calling my post garbage. :D
    I'm not calling the 2005 signing class anything. Miles never had a real chance. 2006 will be his litmus test as a recruiter.
    Wow! Really?
    You're funny.
    Never did question his intelligence, nice try to twist things around. The forum is LSU football recruiting and my only topic. You seem to be the one with this "intelligence" hang-up with his "drawers" or "panties" (whatever it may be) "in a knot".

Excuse me for having a recruiting opinion around here. We'll all sit around and wait for LSU recruiting wisdom from Mr. "Intelligent" (cajdav1).

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

great point

6. john randolph

john randolph Founding Member

Wingman you made it sound like Miles was dumb with your "Miles is mnot the sharpest tool in the recruiting shed" comment. Maybe thats why Cajdav1 Was upset?