TFL 2004 Suggestions

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by geauxscott, Aug 23, 2004.

1. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

Post any rule changes you might want to see or any changes that can be made.

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!!!!!

2. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

As good as the LSU defense is, it would be nice to allow us to pick defensive players as well. Give points for sacks, fumbles recovered, interceptions, tackles.

Also, maybe give extra credit for field goals 50+ yards. 50 points instead of 20. It's not likely LSU will convert many 50+ yard field goals, that's why I propose 50 points.

3. islstl

Concerning the prize, I highly recommend that we up the ante. Maybe give monetary credit to buying stuff in the TF store ($100 sounds good). I think this would get more people excited and involved in playing. The more the merrier IMO. I only suggest this now that money is being collected to keep this site going.

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

If everyone was as generous as you ISLSTL this idea would be a go. Unfortunately not everyone is.

Maybe if everyone who plays wants to throw $5 into a hat we can give a gift certificate to one of the LSU stores or something. Whatever happens is up to Scott. He runs this show.

5. mesquite tiger

mesquite tiger Diabolical Genius

are we giving bonus points for 100 rushing/receiving games and 300 yard passing games?

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I think it might be a little greedy to ask for a bonus for 300 passing or 100 rushing game since they likely have a huge point total anyways.

My suggestion is to make field goals worth more than 20 points. If TDs are worth 75 and they score 6 points then a FG that scores 3 points should be worth atleast 30 points. Along the same lines, XP should be worth 10 points just to make it interesting if LSU puts up 50+ points in a game. Kickers last year were an afterthought but can be important in a real game.

7. geauxscott

I will definitely do the field goal thing...how does this sound??

0-39yds ....20 pts
    40-49yds...30pts
    50+...........40pts

does that sound good to everyone?

--About the bonuses for Rushing an Passing we will just keep it the way it is.

--As far as the prizes that is up to Brett...but I just as soon do this for fun. I just like holding the title "Mr. TFL" :grin: :grin: ....Brett (or anyone else), can you make some sort of a picture with a trophy titled "Mr. TFL 2004". Something kinda like the "outstanding post pic". Who ever wins each year can sport the pic in their signature for a year.....by the way if you can do this I need to add it to my sig, since I am "Mr. TFL 2003".

8. geauxscott

this wouldn't be a bad idea..but it would be too hard to organize everyone getting their $5 together.

9. islstl

The FG structure looks good. The title thing is cool too.

10. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

Hey I have an idea. Winner last year buys prize for this year! :yelwink2: