Thank God Bobby knows how to spend our tax dollars.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 18, 2014.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Many doctors and hospitals do not accept Medicaid now, and many more will stop accepting it because of untimely payments, insane reimbursement rates, and because of many administrative headaches. The need for charity care will always exist. Now I would agree that there should be no state run charity hospital, and that this care should be supported by citizens who elect to support the care neds of the poor. Expansion of medicaid roles would not contribute to this however.

I have made my arguement. Expansion will cost the state money. YOUR sources confirm this. If you are not arguing with a document, why do I need to provide you documents to not argue with?

Winston1 likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Charity care is exactly what Medicaid is. Should fewer people be on Medicaid and more on insurance? Probably. So you start somewhere and you move the chains until it seems like a good balance.

Where does it work like this? Where enough citizens volunteer their money to pay for the health care of the poor. Be realistic. It is the government that must provide this care, it is a matter of how. Charity hospitals are bad, we agree. So we either subsidize private insurance for them (ACA) or provide Medicaid, where the bills go directly to the government who can negotiate rates.

Puh-leeeze! Stop making excuses. Make a point, back it up with evidence, dispute my points, and back it up with evidence . . . or a least corroboration.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Bobby Jindal's initials say it all. That cock sucker is very stupid for someone so intelligent- and I'm not referencing this particular issue, necessarily.

Classless bastard- what he did on the lawn of the White House after a "good" meeting.

4. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Jindal is also trying to say he is the reason people come back to Louisiana. And he keeps railing about the government staying out Louisiana's classroom. Meanwhile he wants to promote some fucking useless voucher system that is technically the government in out classrooms. Meanwhile Louisiana ranks around last in every category except the shitty categories where we are near the top.

Jindal sucks

5. LSUsupaFan

To his credit, the business climate in Louisiana is dramatically better. The recession never hit Louisiana as heavy as it did the rest of the country, and today Louisiana is very near full employment. More private capital investment came into the state in the last 6 years than in the previous 100, and Louisiana is competing for major industrial projects, corporate relocations, and is considered the best state to be an entrepreneur.

We are vastly improved in education rankings and quality of life measures have improved dramatically as well. Income growth in Louisiana has outpaced the national average, and thousands of new jobs have been created in the film and digital media sectors as a direct result of his policies.

The counter to all the rosy stuff above as these policies, while producing fruit have come at tremendous cost. The next governor will inherit a cluster fuck of a budget, and will not have the huge piles of cash to continue to incentivize future private investment. Pots of money such as the economic development mega fund, which were supposed to be generational, are empty. State agencies are scraping by on bare bones, and services are suffering. In the end the investments made may prove to be worth it. Right now the jury is still out.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

1 word

Marijuana

7. KyleK

KyleK Who, me? Staff Member

So if pot is legal he is awesome, if not he sucks? If this is the case, there are only 2 awesome gov's and 48 sucky ones?

8. red55

Got a source for that? It is hard to imagine any business coming to Louisiana recently that could match big oil coming to Louisiana the early to mid 20th century. Bigger than Texaco? Bigger than Standard Oil?

Yet, the quickly growing Raisin' Canes restaurant chain which started in and has its CEO in Baton Rouge had to make its corporate headquarters in Dallas because they could not interest enough professionals to move to Louisiana with our horrible public schools and high crime. This will be a hindrance to growth for a long time, I fear.

Higher education? I don't think so. No. 49 for higher education attainment.

http://www.businessreport.com/article/20130614/BUSINESSREPORT0112/130619853

Number 3 in cuts to higher education

http://blog.al.com/wire/2013/01/alabama_ranks_fourth_in_nation.html

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  9. LSUsupaFan

Stephen Moret said it in front of the House Appropriations committee on Tuesday. The Sasol GTL plant alone is a 16 to 21 billion dollar direct capital investment, and greater than all capital investment in the state during the Blanco administration.

They moved to dallas because virtually all chain restaurants are located there. The vast moajority of industry talent is there, and top folks want to be in an area where there are numerous job oppurtunities.

You are complaining about one departure in leiu of hundreds of major wins. In november 2013 LA had nearly 30,000 more jobs than it did in November 12, and we have seen 33 months of consecutive year over year job growth during the largest recession since the great depression.

10. red55

Jindal's appointee as Secretary of Louisiana Economic Development. Say no more . . .

That is a long way from "more in the last 6 years than in the previous 100". I don't think Moret could defend that statement if his life depended on it. The oil and gas industry has invested huge amounts in Louisiana over the last 100 years.