Thank God Bobby knows how to spend our tax dollars.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LaSalleAve, Mar 18, 2014.

1. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Medicaid is NOT charity care. And we already have people on Medicaid. Too many of them. In refusing the expansion we push the poor into private exchanges and allow the feds to subsidize the cost instead of the state who is on the hook for the bulk of medicaid costs.

I'm glad you agree with me. Since ACA subsidizes private insurance for the poor there is little need for the state to absorb costs and bail out poor federal policies.

If you want to find the studies they are really easy to find. I'm not going to waste my time providing links to easy to find reports that you won't read anyway. If you would ever consider objective evidence when presented I'd dig up the studies, but since you only tow your party line I won't bother.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Well since you put it that way, yes I agree with that, hehe, but I was referring to marijuana being a way for the next governor to raise revenue as a response to the last part of Supa's post.

Hell Hickenlooper was against pot but he didn't interfere will the will of the people. I applaud him for that.

3. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course it is. It is poor people who are given free medical care. Duhhh!

It leaves 242,000 Louisiana poor with not enough income to qualify for subsided insurance and too little to qualify for traditional Medicaid. That's a lot of people to ignore.

Stop trying to suggest that I agree with you. I think you are full of shit.

It subsidizes a portion of the poor. The rest will fall into emergency rooms and the Charity Hospital System which is a huge waste of money and socialized medicine if there ever was. I've explained this all before. I won't do it again.

I am delighted that you continue to offer nothing to back up your strange notions. No reason for anyone to take you seriously.

4. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

It isn't my fault that you don't know what charity care is.

These are sunk costs. Medicaid expansions shifts them to the state. How you fail to see this is beyid me. If the state pays for healthcare through state hospitals or through re-imbursements to private doctors the end result is the same. Read the LLA report you sited without even reading. It says the same thing.

The fiscal note from LFO that you sited backs up my claim. In fact in confirms the KPMG, McKinsey, and BCG study findings.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Another huge fail.

And the word is "cited". Not that you would understand anything about citations.