Thank God for The Saints this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 22, 2009.

1. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

We have been on a downword spiral since the MNC. Last season was hard to watch and this year has been even worse with the coaching miscues.

Some of us saw it coming. It is a shame the school and program will have to suffer so much over one man's regret of not leaving for UM. He quit when that happened. The talent on the team disguised a lot of it for a long time.

The Saints have kept te football side of my brain sane this year.

2. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

Hell yeah. If the Saints lose.. this could be the worst weekend ever :wave:

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

Nah, I actually think it would do the Saints good to lose a couple about right now. We are hurt and statistics show teams cant run the table in the NFL. Id rather lose a couple now than win 16 straight and then lose.

4. RobDione

RobDione Freshman

I posted the following immediately after the Ark game in 07':

Watching Bo Pelini poking Les Miles out of his "staring off into space" trance to call time out in the forth quarter as the Marcus Monk (6’6”) mismatch was in place for the upcoming play typifies the game that Les supposedly attended yesterday. Were you at this game Les?

If you were at this one why didn't you call for a review on the first quarter pass that was mis- called incomplete but obviously was a catch? Why did you continuously keep running the same non working short route plays over and over. Why didn't you go for 4th and two to keep momentum? Why didn't you blitz to end the game when Arkansas was 4th and 10? How did you miss the touchdown erasing illegal formation right in front of your eyes as you stood there watching? What game were you watching when you called back to back time outs, giving them the ball with enough time for a field goal attempt? Where was that innovation and enthusiasm that was so present in September?

What was so interesting out in space that you had to be poked by Bo Pelini to pay attention? Were you in Ann Arbor? I hope so because that is where you belong. "Welcome Les Miles,” the next U of M head coach, marching lock step in stride into the next chapter of a Sixty Year Tradition of losing the big games(since 1948}. Forget 1997, Nebraska really won that national championship.

You fit their mould Les, pack your bags, and drop off Bo Pelini in Lincoln on your way. You’ll be another legend in Ann Arbor.

Rob, LSU '71

5. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Yeah, I have become so uninterested in LSU as the season has gone on, the offense is so frustrating to watch, the team plays up or down to the talent level on the other team, that I find myself not even reading much concerning LSU. The Saints have been a savior this season for sure. I am not being fair-weathered, just LSU has not been exciting to watch, therefore, my interest has waned. Still put on the games and cheer for them, just with a ho-hum attitude this year it seems.

6. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

it was close!
    my high school lost
    lsu lost
    saints "saved" the weekend. but i'm still pissed. i spend $115 for a ticket to the ole piss game and got robbed of a win by a clueless coach. coaching lost this game. everyone i talked to at the game was pissed at miles.

7. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

U of M doesnt want him or he'd be there now. Some one up there pays attn.

1 person likes this.
  8. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I'm very happy for the Saints but I can't watch regularly because of the void they call a defense. I'll continue my fairweather Saints cheering and start watching in earnest during the playoffs.

9. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

It must have been hard for you to watch LSU then the past 2 years?
    Maybe if you'd pay attention to the Saints, you would see they have one of the best defenses out there. Something LSU could take notes from.

10. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Not the past few weeks... but that's because of injuries, I hope. But yes, it's been hard to watch LSU play D these past two years. I'm on the Saints bandwagon, I'm just a fairweather fan. I cared more when I was a kid, but they let me down too many times.