Thank God for The Saints this year

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Ch0sn0ne, Nov 22, 2009.

1. LSUTyga73

LSUTyga73 Football Connoisseur

They have been giving up a lot of rushing yards but yes, they are missing a lot of key defensive starters and playmakers. I hear you on the Saints though. I haven't been a fan that long but even in the Haslett/Brooks years, they always got us excited enough to make the letdown even more epic. It was painful and I turned away but this seems to be a new era.

2. tuckerman

tuckerman Veteran Member

Pay a little attention to the Mich. boards and you'll see some interesting things. Who knows if they are true but you know what they say about smoke and fire:
    Miles never had an offer from UM as both parties were prohibited from discussing a job until the season ended. What he did have was interest from prominent boosters. When ESPN broke the story, Miles had to deny it. LSU panicked and tendered the big extension. He took the bird in the hand, rather than a UM offer that might never come from the school. There's no real 'love for LSU' as the kool aid crowd thinks, anymore than Urban Meyer 'loves' Florida. Follow the money.
    Another interesting tidbit among the Mich. men is that Lloyd Carr, who still has considerable influence there, doesn't like Miles. Seems it goes back to their assistant days together when, lets just say, one coach liked another coach's wife. You silver tounged devil, you.