Thank You LSU Fans

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by feardafoot, Jan 2, 2011.

1. feardafoot

feardafoot Veteran Member

Hey guys i been away for a while. Haven't posted in a while. i just wanna first say thank you again for our game experience in the ATL this season. You showed us how real SEC fans are supposed to act. Unfortunately, I cannot say the same for The University of Tennessee.

My girlfriend and i attended the Music City Bowl the other night and it was a great game until the ending. Carolina was clearly the better team. Fighting off a self inflicted 12 penalties to win speaks volumes about who the better team was. Also Carolina lost their best db in the first half with a fractured fibula. This along with all the other problems we've had this season should have made it extremely difficult to win this game. But UNC has a lot of heart and they were the better team.

There was a lot of contraversy that ended regulation. Fact is it was handled correctly by the rules that are currently in place in the NCAA.

The fans displayed their anger by throwing full bottles at UNC fans and other objects and trash. The announced attendance was 70,000. Carolina had 10k there maybe. We were a little afraid to leave so we tried to huddle up some UNC fans and leave together. It never really panned out so we left arm in arm together fighting through 100% UT fans. My girlfriend got beer throwed on her on the bridge walking back to the parking deck. We were helpless due to the fact we were literally the only 2 UNC fans on the bridge in sight. I looked back and said, "Cmon man" He had a blank stare on his face and thankfully nothing got started. We got pushed a few times but made it to our car. We truely had a bad experience and i didnt know how bad of fans they have. I understand the thing of having a down year and feeling like your team got screwed. But man they took it to another level. We left one day early and stayed in Pigeon Forge Tenn for the New Years celebration where we enjoyed ourselves.

I wanna say that i really feel if we would have beaten you guys in Atlanta i dont think you guys would act that way. That is something to be proud of too. LSU has great fans and so does UNC.

I just wanted to share our experience with the UT fans. Im sure you guys have some stories too. Thanks for letting me post and good luck vs AnM.

1 person likes this.
  2. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

Sorry to hear that. I have to say that I am a little surprised. I went to Knoxville in 2006 and they seemed like nice people. No excuse for that kind of behavior though.

3. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Did they burn any sofas? :hihi:

What a bunch of losers to do that. Sorry to hear you had to endure such stupidity and never could understand how fans can separate football from "real life".

4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

They haven't been the same since Lane stood 'em up.

5. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Man, that's pretty bad. I don't think we'd do anything like that, but you never know what some people are capable of...I do know that no self respecting LSU fan would waste a beer by throwing it at an opposing fan.

I think those UT fans obviously don't have their priorities straight...that's alcohol abuse right there. :hihi:.

Congrats on the win. I heard that the UT players themselves showed very poor sportsmanship. Especially Janzen Jackson who robbed a gas station with a pellet gun and a Prius getaway car. That dude is destined to be someone's jail B*tch in the near future.

6. feardafoot

feardafoot Veteran Member

Their qb Bray repeatedly slashed his throat to taunt Carolina after touchdowns. That didn't get to me much because he is a freshman. What got to me was that it was never flagged. He is a great competitor and they definately have found a qb for their future.

The game was poorly officiated for the most part and i hate it because i felt like UNC was the better squad. It will never seem that way to UT fans or other fans that have to listen to the crap about contraversy at the end of regulation. Other than losses to LSU and Miami, Carolina really beat themselves in their other 3 losses. It has been a hovering dark cloud that the guys just couldn't shake off. Carolina had 12 penalties vs UT. A lot of this comes from the mass personel that UNC has had to play. I hope it helps us for the future because a lot of guys got pt this season.

7. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Sorry to hear about it dafoot, you have been a great fan on this board, as were all other UNC fans back around the time of the game. And, your team fought HARD despite the players that had to sit, and it was a fun and a great football game. Hope to see you down the road!

8. alfredeneuman

alfredeneuman Founding Member

I brought my 9 year old son there in 2006 after just coming back from Iraq and had the complete opposite experience. It was a horrible display of a piss-poor fanbase and I was ashamed that my boy had to see and hear just how stupid people can be. And we were nowhere near the student section.

9. KingEmeritus

KingEmeritus ofthePoint

That's a shame, especially when women and children are involved. I think every fanbase has it's share of a-holes, not that it's an excuse.

We didn't really get to react with the fans that much when we were there. I was on the Student Government Bus Trip and we didn't have that much time to walk around. One lady asked me and my friends if we wanted her to take our picture. That's really all I have to base it on.

10. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Every school has to address the issue, though. LSU had an issue with a few hooligans tailgating outside the stadium several years ago, throwing bottles at busses and turning portolets over. So the AD got on it, doubled the police, and arrested some folks and there have been damn few problems since.