Thanks for a Good Weekend

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by docm3, May 16, 2004.

1. docm3

docm3 Freshman

Had a great time at the Box this weekend seeing all my LSU friends. The games on Saturday were incredible even if we lost them both. Today's game helped. I didn't know so many people there recognized me but they sure must have because they kept coming up to say "Hi" and wish us luck in the draft. Thanks for all your kind words. I got to talk to Smoke and Turtle and my good friend Chris and some of your players I know and really respect. Jeremy (Sowers, my son) loves pitching at Alex Box and he thinks your fans are the greatest. I looked for Skip but didn't see him there. I know Jeremy wishes his friend and teamate Wally (Wareham Gatemen, Cape Cod) could have been there too. Good luck the rest of the way. See you in Birmingham.

2. DeathValley

DeathValley Founding Member

Glad you had a good time at the Box. The Box is something special and I'm glad you got to experience it. Too bad it came on a crappy weekend in terns of weather. Good luck on the rest of the season and hope to see you in the SEC tourney.

3. BB

BB Founding Member

Thanks for making the trip to Baton Rouge. It's always great to see a father take such an active role in a son's life. Jeremy certainly came as advertised and he is really a stellar athlete with an extremely bright future. I've seen you post on other boards to thank the fans and talk baseball and it is refreshing to have a class act making the rounds in the SEC in support of his son and his team. I always love a great reminder of why this is the best conference in America. If you have any other kids that talented make sure to give us lots of advanced warning. All the best to your family and best of luck to Jeremy.

4. Chipeace

Chipeace Country Roads Tiger

I was in town for the doubleheader on Saturday. It is the first games I have been to since 1991. Had a great time!

5. docm3

docm3 Freshman

Sowers' Article on LSU Series

Jeremy has been writing a series of articles for College Baseball Insider about the SEC race, etc. I think you'll see he has a great fondness for the LSU fans. Take care. Doc
    http://www.collegebaseballinsider.com/JS11.htm

6. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Thanks for the kind words docm3. Jeremy is a class act and it's easy to see where he gets it. It will be nice to follow Jeremy during his years as a pro. Best of luck to both of you and your family.

7. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

So you have twin sons, one a lefty and one a righty? Thats interesting.

I particularly liked this part:

8. docm3

docm3 Freshman

Sowers' Article on LSU Series

The first time Jeremy pitched at the Box he was a freshman and left in the 8th inning (behind 6-0 I think but pitched well, overall) and got a standing ovation then, too. After he was drafted by the Reds he became friends with Todd Walker, who told Jeremy in the Reds locker room not to sign but to go to school. Todd said "Your best baseball memories will come from palaying in the SEC for 3 yewars and in the Cape for 2 years. You can play pro ball any time". Todd said his best baseball memories were winning a CWS with LSU for Skip. I told Skip that and he loved it. Yeah, the boys are opposite-handed
    "mirror-image" identical twins. About 10% of identical twins are. I think Josh wishes he were left-handed, too, although he was an excellent second baseman before he was converted to pitcher. He's now Yale's ace. Take care.