Thanks Mett!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Tiger420, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Tiger420

Tiger420 Sell crazy someplace else, all stocked up here.

When Mettenberger elected to bring his talents to LSU, dreams of Championships danced in my head. I couldn't wait to see this NFL QB still in College clothing. When I was busy watching football, a different person emerged. Mett quietly became a leader. The kid grew up, matured and emerged a true Tiger. Although we never saw the crystal footballs that many thought would come, we witnessed something just as special. The toughness and dedication that Zach displayed are worth admiration and respect. It was a great joy to watch you play on Saturdays this year and I look forward to watching you on Sunday soon (just don't go to the Falcons).

http://www.bayoubengalsinsider.com/...palmer-mettenberger-goes-out-a-winner-a-tiger

Geaux Tigers!!

GregLSU, Kal-El012, Winston1 and 5 others like this.
  2. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

That won't happen, but I could see Tampa Bay looking at him in the second round.

3. tigerpub

tigerpub Founding Member

Matt had a lot on his shoulders from the start. He handled it well and did what most of us expected. Best of luck to him in the future.

Kal-El012 and cajdav1 like this.
  4. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

Def exceeded my expectations. Super impressed with his heart and pride; dragging himself off the field vs bama was epic.

cajdav1 likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

There are 3 things that will stay with me forever regarding Mett. 2012 vs Alabama, 2013 vs Alabama, 2013 vs Arkansas and how this kid in the 3 games I mentioned got hit over and over and over and over. And kept getting up except yesterday, and then the raw emotion. You could tell how disappointed he was to go out just another top 15 team, and injured on senior day. I mean I can't remember an LSU qb take as much punishment as he has, and stay in there to deliver the ball. The guy is fearless, and never puts the blame on anyone else, and always takes it on himself, and is probably his own biggest critic.

My heart goes out to the guy, he was a great leader at LSU and real pleasure to watch. I hope he lands Houston because the Texans need a leader, and a guy you know can be depended on. If he becomes a student of the game, really focuses on the mental part of the NFL, being to read defenses at the line, checking out of plays when recognizes mismatches, doing everything he can in the film room to prepare and recognize flaws and start to throw the ball to his 3rd 4th and 5th reeceiver, i think he will have a good NFL career.....you don't have to be a mobile guy to succeed in the NFL.

Thanks for for finally being the answer to the burning question in our minds since Ryan Perriloux was booted... When is LSU gonna get a quarterback?

GregLSU and Tiger in NC like this.
  6. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

Kid has a lot of heart and guts. Going to miss him.

7. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Mett has been legit. Came a full circle from last year. Hope he isn't hurt to bad.

LaSalleAve likes this.
  8. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I'm just letting you know the things you post like this don't go unnoticed. I completely agree with you and your sentiments towards his knee.

9. Rouxleaux

Rouxleaux Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?

Just noticed on the ESPN ticker that mett should be back for the bowl game. I assume he hyperextended the knee with no tears/sprains. Good to hear he will make some NFL team very happy next year. I see him going 1st round. Great to have a legit QB for at least a year. Thanks for everything Mett!

LaSalleAve likes this.
  10. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Yea, I think him being back on the field will only help is draft status... He is a fighter.

LaSalleAve likes this.