Thanks Tricky-Nicky,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Dec 25, 2004.

1. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

I lost a lot of respect for Nick Saban today. As a LSU fan and alumnus, I personally don't want Saban coaching the Bowl game. He is not a LSU Tiger anymore; he is a Miami Dolphin now. What he did today was a total slap in the face to all the LSU fans who have supported him. Nick thanks for the NC but hit the road jack and stay in Miami on Monday and let another coach on the staff coach the bowl game. Just my rant.

LSUDAN

2. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

:dis: :dis: :dis: :dis: (Assume there are 10,000,000 more behind these). You freakin' crybaby immature ingrates are unbelievable.

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Saw the press conference...interesting the way he remembered how LSU fans BOOed him and the team when he first got here. I'm sure all the recruits saw that too.

hmmm, WH's lapdog is trying to help Florida Gators (WH loves 'em), and destory his creation...now i will say that he has no CLASS!

4. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

I think you guys are making way too much out of the Booing incident.

5. LSUDAN

LSUDAN Founding Member

As of today Saban is not a LSU Tiger, he is a Miami Dolphin. He made a choice to be the coach for them. Skip Bertman needs to tell Saban thanks for the memories but since you had to do this to LSU on Christmas day we will let someone else coach the bowl game. Saban is even leaving the team on Monday to go to Miami to spend time with the Dolphins. Great show of respect to LSU. It is time for LSU to focus on the future and Nick is the past for all I care today. He tarnished his 5 years at LSU in the span of one week.

LSUDAN

6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

please don't post at my threads anymore, your ScreenName makes me want to puke. Oh, what's your new screenname gonna be? ;)

"gonna" is colloquial

7. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Maybe so, but Saban brought it up today. It must mean something to him.

8. houtiger

houtiger Founding Member

Coach Saban took the LSU job when it was down, he built the program back up, and the last 3 consecutive years are the best Tiger ball I've seen. Saban has been nothing but good for LSU.

He got a powerfull offer from the NFL, and a challenge he has probably relished for some time. He accomplished the pinnacle in college ball with LSU last year.

You can't blame him for accepting the challenge, nor fault him for anything he has done at LSU.

He made a decision to move on after 10 days on negotiation and deliberation. I don't see where he did anything wrong for us to be upset at him now.

Thank him and wish him well.

Then move on to the next coaching search.

9. LStUdent

LStUdent Founding Member

I think its absolutely ridiculous that people are bashing him for announcing on Christmas. For the past week people have been like starving animals trying to find out what he was gonna do. I can't tell you how many times I've read things like "I wish he would stop playing games and just tell us, this is so unclassy of him to do this..." all friggen week. Now when he finally announces you people say he should have waited longer!? Give me a break.

If its so important that you don't hear bad news on Christmas, turn off the damn TV and computer and go spend time with your family.

10. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Look Sabanfan, people are upset because they wanted saban to hang around for quite a few years. I mean S*** he was the highest paid coach in NCAA. What does a school have to do. He made alot more than Fulmer, Bowden, Lou, Stoops, ect. ect. Those coaches have made a commitment to their programs and embraced the communities. Hopefully our next coach will too.

Yes we are very thankfull for Sabans results and contributions to our program. Yes we are alot better off for having him here. It does not mean that one cannot be upset about him leaving. By the way, two years from now are you still gonna be Sabanfan? Just asking.