Thanks Tricky-Nicky,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

"DavisFAN" He'll snap in line.

2. TigerFan90

TigerFan90 Too far away from home

Regarding the booing comment, I did find that to be an "awkward" moment in the PC. He had just praised LSU and its fans and then mentioned how the fans were booing when he got to LSU. A factual statement? I am sure, but given the context of announcing your resignation knowing that your fan base would be hurt, it was at least "awkward." I think he felt it as well. There seem to be a slight hesitation on his part. I would have done things differently. Oh well...

3. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I'll be surprised if Saban is not in Miami tomorrow.

The Fins have a game tomorrow night. I'll be shocked if the whole Saban family are not guests of honor in the Owner's Box tomorrow night in Miami.

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

He was just commenting on how it was working against the team in, what was once, one of the most feared stadiums in the country. He turned it into what it once was. A place to be reckoned with and worthy of the name "DEATH VALLEY"!!

5. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

You guys are acting like it's a federal crime that Saban has taken a better job...good Lord you should just be glad you had him at all.

Get over it people, LSU does play football sometime soon. :hihi:

6. Kenny Kerth

Kenny Kerth Founding Member

I said to coach Dinardo on the radio one night. I'm not a coach (fill in the blank) fan. I'm an LSU fan. If you stay I hope you win them all... if you leave I don't care if you win another one. LSU will survive if he stays or not... my qurdtion to you experts is what do we gain from Saban coaching us in the bowl if he is going to the Dolphins. I agree he was one of if not our greatest coach but if he chooses the Dolphins why should we let him coach our team in the bowl game? How does that benefit LSU? That is my only concern at this point!
    South section 6 Row EE seats 9-10

7. saltyone

saltyone So Mote It Be

Good luck Auburn, I hope ya'll woop VT.

8. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

Maybe because he won LSU a national championship...you know those crystal trophies that don't come around too often (yes, I know).

You should be kissing his ass dude...he was nothing but class to LSU. Too bad LSU fans like yourself couldn't learn a single thing from him.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

No one should be kissing anyone's ass, Saban was good for LSU and LSU was good for Saban. He wasn't exactly a hot commodity when he left MSU for LSU. We had a great 5 years at LSU under Nick and he had a great 5 years while at LSU but now he is gone and it is time to move on.

10. roygu

roygu Founding Member

I don't think honest fans begrudge Nick for accepting a better job. I do think they see that he put up a facade about his non interest in the NFL. He admitted tonight, after denying and laughting off every suggestion that he was interested in leaving, that he has always had his mind on the next level. In fact, most of us loyal fans, continued to ignore his interest in several jobs the past few years. He is as smooth as any politician as dodging any question that may have deterred his ambitions.