Thanks Tricky-Nicky,

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Dec 25, 2004.

1. Kenny Kerth

Kenny Kerth Founding Member

Once again I ask How does letting him coach our bowl game benefit us IF he has deceided he no longer wants to ba a Tiger? Thanks for all you have done for us and I hope you find what you are looking for in the NFL but the Tigers will move on without you.
    Sincerely,
    South sec. 6 Row EE seats 9-10

2. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

It wasn't a marriage or anything...that's his team with all his players. The honorable thing to do is let him coach the final game, especially after all the good things he's done for the program. If he wants to coach it, why the heck would you deny him that?

3. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

I dont think it has anything to do with Christmas Day, it happened to be the day that was scheduled to be in FLorida, and since the decision went for the Dolphins then that was the natural place to have the press announcement. If he had chosen to stay it would have happened prior to the departure. Either way the news was goin to hurt someone on Christmas day.

4. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Because he is no longer our coach, he is the coach of the Miami Dolphins. Because he lied to the LSU football players, the fans and the administration. Because LSU needs to move on to the next era in LSU football. Other than that no reason at all.

5. Kenny Kerth

Because IF he deceides to go he is no longe an LSU Tiger That is why I wwould deny him coaching the bowl game. He has deceided that he no longer wants to bw a part of LSU football. We need to go on with the same attitude.. Why not let our new coach ...lead us in our fist game of his leadership. Good Luck to Nick in his new job but from now on Geaux tigers beat the hawkeyes

6. AuNuma1

AuNuma1 Founding Member

OMG that's total bs. That's coaching in college football is what it is.

Wake up guys...LSU is not the first school where the head coach left for greener pastures. Don't call him a liar and question his character because he made a career move. He did too much for LSU for you to do that...like I said, it's a shame a lot of you couldn't learn from him.

He was class whether you see it or not. He was great for LSU and great for the SEC. What a shame that an outsider has to stand up for your head coach..get a clue.

7. Kenny Kerth

except that he said he was not interested in the NFL. I din't blame him for heading for what he considers the next level but why say you are not interested if you are? No bitterness but why lie to me the regular fan?

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

some of us realize this. AND there is NO reason to think that the Next coach can't be just as great. Tall shoes to fill no doubt, but who would have thought Coach Nick Saban was a great as he is? Who is the next coach waiting in the wings? With the right Program behind him, who knows who the Next Nick Saban may be? he might be on his way to LSU!

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

You are scanning the board but you don't seem to be doing much reading because you have missed what most here have said. I have never blamed Saban for taking the Miami job in fact it would have been hard for anyone to turn down such a great offer. The problem that I and many have is that he has said for years that he is not interested in the NFL and prefers college. He also said this morning that a decision had not been made and then today tells us that a deal was made yesterday. He probably made the right decision for his family but had indeed lied to LSU for years.

10. BubbleBooty

BubbleBooty Founding Member

What the hell business is it of yours, you idiot. Your classless coach got a "thanks, but no thanks" from Skip last week. I'm still pissed that an undefeated SEC team is not playing for an NC, but I still don't care for you posting your unwelcome opinions on this board.