That game was GARBAGE!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottyB28, Apr 3, 2005.

1. Carface

Carface What the...?

EXACTLY! Who wants to use the media opinion as motivation to prove them wrong? The nerve...

2. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Ever since Smoke took over, his teams have never been fundamentally sound. Cant bunt, cant turn double plays, dont make plays when we need them. We hardly ever try and steal a bag or hit and run. We need to start putting pressure on the defense and start making them make plays. Im really just frustrated right now because we had a ton of opportunities to win that game and we just couldnt get it done. Smoke is not a bad coach, I guess Im just used of old Skip

3. G_MAN113

G_MAN113 Founding Member

(Donning flame-retardant suit)

While I categorically refuse to call for his head, the way some here rabidly
    insist on getting rid of Brady, I do have to say that I've never thought too much of Smoke as a head coach. Last week, when he made comments to the effect that he really hasn't gotten a feel for this year's team yet...well, that
    only deepened my apprehension. I mean, we're halfway thru the season. You'd think he'd have some idea of what's going on by now.

If Smoke can turn this thing around and go back to Omaha and win, I'll be glad to revisit this post and publicly eat it. But right now, I just don't see LSU ever winning another NC as long as Smoke is at the helm.

Just my humble opinion. Fire away.

4. slider41

slider41 Freshman

First of all, Skip never felt he had what he wanted until tax day (4/15) and then tried to settle in with a consistent line up but still made changes until the CWS. As for the comment that Smoke does not do the fundamentals, in 1993, it was the highest error total for an LSU team. Smoke can coach all day long, but when players don't finish a play, it is the execution of the player not the coach. You guys can bash the Smoke all day long, but the former players nearly all agree that Smoke is the right man for the job, especially those that played for him. Skip legacy is getting larger the longer he is away from the game. He is by far the greatest college coach ever, no doubt about it. He admittedly had some good fortune, got outcoached on occasion, and made some questionable personnel decisions that just paid off. Skip did not leave the roster loaded. They overachieved in his last season, then Smoke has been killed by injuries. What Smoke has done in the shadow of Skip has been remarkable.

5. BB

BB Founding Member

Blame it on whoever you want to, but this team's inability to bunt and run the bases is absolutely disgusting...

6. ScottyB28

ScottyB28 Founding Member

Yep, and I blame that on coaching. Smoke will never bring LSU Baseball to the top.

7. BB

BB Founding Member

Maybe - but the mistakes these kids have been making over the last few seasons are mind blowing - little league type stuff...

8. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Now, I agree with what you're saying, but I wouldn't say "remarkable." :yelwink2:

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Not garbage, looked like Brady ball of old down the stretch. :hihi:

10. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

aight everybody callin' for smoke's head just shutup with the BS. Do yall remember back when Skip took the helm? Was he a hall-of-fame caliber coach from the day he took the reigns? No, at least not for the first few seasons. Smoke is a very good coach that will continue to learn. Who can follow in the footsteps of Skip and be perfectly successful from the start? Damn, this guy has a #4 nationally ranked team. He will come around, and so will the team. He's also MUCH more fan friendly than Skip ever was!...so don't go babbling because of ur impatience and ignorance!:angryfire