That game was GARBAGE!!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by ScottyB28, Apr 3, 2005.

1. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

Damn you guys jump to conclusions. The Tigers are 5-4 in a division that maybe 18 games may win the whole thing. There is still plenty of time left. But, this game was pretty sorry. It was a wasted pitching effort.

2. u r tigerbait22

u r tigerbait22 Founding Member

i wouldn't say a "wasted" pitching effort. Edgar Ramirez showed us alot today. It also showed the gut and heart of our pitchers to stay in there. The sorry part was the errors. I wouldn't blame that ALL on the coaches, i would think that at the college level a ss could catch a normal throw!...theres a lot of season left and smoke's a very good coach. It'll get much better:geauxtige :tigbas:

3. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

No, I meant the pitching was really good. It was wasted b/c they didnt win it. The pitching was great. Basically, the Tiger pitching held its own with the best staff in the league.They just didnt get timely hits.

4. u r tigerbait22

Yeah, you're exactly right. We got scattered hits but errors killed us. Pitching was great like u mentioned. I just don't like when guys call for Smoke's head on bonehead plays like a simple throw and catch. Not all Smoke's fault. On the other hand, the bama pitcher, robertson was great. He held his own also. Our bats just need to come alive. This season will turn out alright:geauxtige

5. scrappy

scrappy Founding Member

All weekend it was good pitching on both sides. Bamas pen let it slip on Saturday, but aside from that, I think you saw two of the best staffs the SEC has to offer.

6. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Number 4 team in the nation and some of you idiots want to fire him...

He may not be the greatest coach of all time, but he puts a good team out on that field. So we don't win national championships every other year, deal with it! JEEZUS.

ScottyB28, LSU is on top right now. There's how many schools that field baseball teams? BEING IN THE TOP 5 IN THE NATION ISN'T ON TOP????

For those of you with such good knowledge of the fundamentals, please feel free to volunteer your time & teach the team. I'm sure Smoke would be forever indebted because he's obviously not capable of such coaching, only high & mighty fans such as yourself could do a good job on that.

7. u r tigerbait22

exactly how i feel, glad another fan feels the same way. Scrappy, i totally agree, 2 great pitching staffs were on display

8. LSUHotdog

LSUHotdog Founding Member

I thought this was a sarcastic thread, I guess not. One thing I realized is that even if you 2 and BBQ at the CWS, I have resigned myself to be satisfied with that. Just being at the CWS is an honor.
    This year is aggravating. Unfortunately, as good as Lane is, he doesn't really seem to be the ace we need to be more successful against the other teams ace. I think maybe Dirks should be our Friday starter. Our offense is what really is enigmatic. If you take away Patterson, Gill, and Stav, our offense isn't really great. The talk leading up to this year was how you could flip the batting order and not see any difference. Well that was a bonehead statement, as about 50% of our hitters are consistent. The rest are on another planet.
    By the way, is Turtle getting outrecruited by Wells? All these LA boys playing for Bama, but not good enough for the Tigers? 8 players from louisiana on Bama's roster, WTF? Not to mention Rick Jones outrecruiting LSU.

9. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

I predict this very same comment being made in a year or two, with a slight variation:

" Damn, this guy has a #4 nationally ranked team. He will come around, and so will the team. He's also MUCH more fan friendly than Nick ever was!...so don't go babbling because of ur impatience and ignorance!:angryfire "

..and your comment will be every bit as justified then as it is now.

People need to relax a bit.. Yes the season has been rough so far.... The team is 21-8 though and has won ~75% of its games so far...

10. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Small ball is the reason.... we are not a ****ing small ball team, never have been and never will be. Smoke is listening to the critics to much... let them swing for the fences... we have a great offense, but we are still inconsistent. There were some goods and bads that came out of this series:

Good:

Dirks is lights out right now
    Patterson is an animal
    Blake is clutch as always but when we play him at first we lose
    Ramirez showed good closer material tonight, which gives us three good closers (Detes, Faircloth, and Rami)

Bad:

Hebert shouldnt see playing time ever again
    Hollander is starting to make a good bit of errors
    Mestepey, while throwing well enough to win, isnt being backed up by our players on Fridays.

My Changes:

Put Hollander back at leadoff hitter, slide Sprowl to the 2 hole, and bump everyone else down... this puts Blake at 3rd possibly driving in runs with a single or double... then you have patterson in the 4 hole... who can drive them in also...

We should play 1B - W. Harris (he will not stay in a slump forever), 2B C. Harris, SS Hollander (he will get better), 3B Gill... DH Mayer even though he fanned 3 times today.

Pitching rotation should change also, with Dirks being our friday pitcher at least for awhile (i know i will get flack for this), Mestepey becomes Saturday and Smith stays for sundays...