The :01 Remaining Scenario Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Nov 22, 2009.

1. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

So... My scenario is this -

As soon as the clock starts, it stops again because :01 wouldn't have been long enough to even snap the ball. I may be wrong, but I think that's what happened anyway.

IF... IF they would have lined up with the FG unit, I highly doubt an accurate snap would've been delivered, resulting in a fumble or some other stupid crap.

What say you, TigerForums?

2. G-LSU

G-LSU Founding Member

Completely agree w/ you.. think how long it takes to normally set up for a FG....3 steps backwards then 2 steps to the left from where the ball will be spotted.

I hope LSU fans will realize that the fianl play was the hail mary.... the 1 second was an unrealistic tease.

:geauxtige:geauxtige
    :geauxtige:geauxtige

3. downtown

downtown Founding Member

I can tell you this - absolutely anything would have been better than what they did. That was the Bozo play of the year.

As far as the whole FG possibility, we'll never know will we. All you can do in that situation is just snap it as soon as the whistle blows (say "hut" as soon as the whistle blows with no B.S.). All we had to do was get the snap off, it didn't matter if we kicked it with 00 on the clock.

Yeah, somehow we didn't even get the snap off. That's how bad we messed that up. But I think JJ knew there was no chance of anything anyway.

The coaches failing to call a timeout before the hail mary is what made all of this a big deal. They blew it on every level.

We might have had some kind of a chance if we had tried to get the FG off, but we had ZERO chance in spiking it.

4. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

The play or non play with :01 isn't the issue. It's the idiocy that transpired after Lafell recovered the most perfect onside kick in the history of football that's the problem. The playcalls to pass. The failure to call timeout with :27 left instead of letting it run down to :09 then calling timeout. The :01 madness was just icing on the cake.

5. bmy-

bmy- Founding Member

There's plenty of options. Personal fouls, etc (all would stop the clock).

At least call a play in and for the love of God don't spike the ball to end the game.. Jefferson has already stated that the call on the field was to clock it, :angry:

6. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

Not true. If the game was called like it should've been, Tolliver was down with 3 seconds left, it took the official one second to signal the clock stoppage, so there should've been 2 seconds left. However, I'm not naive enough to think we'll get that call on the road in the SEC.

7. downtown

downtown Founding Member

Yeah, but that was so close. And it was hard to tell if he really came up with it right away because of the defensive crowd there.

8. stevescookin

stevescookin Certified Who Dat

Where Miles blew it was when we were on the 30, in field goal range with TWO time outs...and Crowton calls plays that send us reeling backwards out of FG range and they let 20 seconds roll off the clock before they call time out.

Miles cut our throats right then and there...not at the .01 mark.

The players now have the right to call time outs whenever they deem it proper without coaching input not because they have earned it, but because the coaching staff has abrogated it !!!

9. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

I feel like some of you are missing the point of the thread. 1 second left. What would be. Not the 30 yard line X amount of time. Stop bashing and think about the hypothetical here.

10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member

I posted this on another thread...

I think it boils down to this --

JJ throws a hail mary with :09 left, and to everyone's surprise he completes the pass and there's still :01 on the clock. Usually in this scenario, the clock runs out (not to mention the ball would be thrown to the endzone, not short of the endzone). I'm not making excuses for JJ or the coaching staff in terms of what ensued; when there's still time left on the clock I think the natural inclination is to spike the ball on the next play, that's why the sidelines were motioning for JJ to spike it.

Of course, it didn't have to come to this...

:geauxtige