The :01 Remaining Scenario Thread

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BAY0U BENGAL, Nov 22, 2009.

1. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I read where Miles said he wanted to run the ball on 2nd and 3rd down, but they wanted to pass it. That sounds like a coach not in control of his team during the most crucial time of the game.

2. BAY0U BENGAL

BAY0U BENGAL I'm a Chinese Bandit

He said that crowton had a "good idea". GC wanted the screen pass down the sidelines to get closer and get out of bounds to stop the clock. still shoulda been a running back taking that mofo up the gut. Miles wanted it on the ground

3. LSUMASTERMIND

LSUMASTERMIND Founding Member

I can really discuss this now, Saturday night I just posted once and left. That wasn't the time to really display my feelings.

4. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

i dont have a huge problem with the passes. the rushes would likely gain squat. then its a long FG. many fans griping about the passes would have been griping about predictable runs if lsu lost on a missed 45yd FG.

i dont like the call for hail mary with 9 sec. obviously there was time to pass down the middle of the field for 25, then spike it.

5. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

i can live with that. Run the ball. We were gaining 4 per carry, hell Ridley toted the rock 1 time for 12 yards. You have to run to make Ole Miss burn their time outs. Jasper was on the sideline doing the fist pump, no way he was missing that FG.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

sure. it was undisputably the soundest thing to do. just sayin i didnt have a problem with them trying to make it more of a sure thing, and many would have bitched about conservative strategy had they run the ball and missed a long FG.

7. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

Yes but that is what fans do, they bitch.
    Some on here bitched after a win.

My thought for what its worth is that you can't afford to throw the pass play they did with little time remaining.
    I don't think that extra ten yards made that much difference when attempting a fg in this scenario.
    If you could complete the pass at the 20 instead of the 10 you would have had time to spike the ball.

8. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Would a pass to the 20 have even BEEN a 1st down? I'm not sure it would've. It was 4th and forever.

9. Sourdoughman

Sourdoughman TigerFan of LSU and the Tigerman

You are probably right about that:lol:
    To be honest, I am still in shock but am alive.
    Its all seems like a foreign nightmare or something!
    I can't remember all the details nor do I want too!:redface:

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

See basically what i gathered from the end of that game is this:

You have no faith in Ridley, who is going to be your number 1 at the beginning of next season, so you put the ball in the hands of the guy you have had no faith in all season, to throw the ball with little time left on the clock. In the Georgia game there was very little time left on the clock and you run the ball, why not here? You know you have a quarterback that is prone to take sacks and hold on to the ball too long, and you still call his number, plus he was obviously still feeling that ankle, so his mobility is shot.

To me, him not running the ball is far less forgivable than the .01 second fiasco, that was just retarded, but given the emotion and the fact they actually had to think, i can understand.

1 person likes this.